Friday, January 27, 2012

proud to be a CHELLIE

She is the one that taught me  life is about having fun. about enjoying yourself. about laughing every chance you get. about smiling even more - get the wrinkles it symbolizes a life well lived... she is the one that well lives life with joy. she doesn't sweat the small stuff... she loves to have a drink in her hand and is always in search of living this life to the very core of her soul. she is laid back and light hearted. she hugs just like Granny...she claps her hands and opens her arms and wraps you in her love...my favorite memory about my grandmother was passed down to her daughter....and the best part is she doesn't even know just how much she is like her....like her in the best best best ways....her eyes light up when i or one of my cousins or brothers enter the room. She beams of love for her family just like Granny. I love those moments in life when you realize the person you so dearly miss is in many ways still here thru the passing of the torch.... that's my Aunt Shelley. she walks thru this life making her own path yet her roots remain firmly planted - a woman who has a strong heart strong mind and beautiful soul. She taught me by the life she lives that there is no perfect way on a paved known road the adventure lies in the path yet to be carved out. Everyone can live the normal life safe inside their comfort zone but the ones who truly live this life are out there taking risks taking chances following their whisper even when everyone else is saying they are crazy or it will never work to keep going...she's in quest to explore this life and seek every once of laughter and joy from it ---she is a trail blazer she's a GOLDWOMAN...she has taught me how to be a strong confident GOLDWOMAN to shred the checklist perfect life and live a life even better... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my aunt Shelley you have filled my life with adventure with laughter with cocktails with smiles with "just like Granny" hugs and above all love. Here's to the ride of life...and may that ride finds us causing trouble together soon...of course with a drink in one hand ok both hands and smiles on our face *my favorite part about my new job paid vacations so this planning will become a reality* Here's to you...i bare the name Chellie and esp aunt chellie with pride and joy to be told Michelle your just like your aunt Shelley well to me it just doesn't get better than that...thanks for always teachingby example what it means to be a GOLDWOMAN.... hope you are spoiling yourself not just today but always.

No comments: