Monday, August 18, 2008

I CAN'T WAIT...!!!

It is now August....where did June and July go?? Lost somewhere in the sunshine and rain--captured on the photos of smiles, tanned bodies and lasting memories. It crazy just how fast time goes yet in that one just how time seems to stand still. It won't be long til I find myself back on mountain top in Montana...I can't wait for my arrival home. This summer has been a action packed summer filled with many emotions and many people for that matter....so I look forward to the peaceful silence that I am granted each and everyday in Whitefish...where everyday seems like its Saturday ---where I open my front door and take in the views of the Flathead Mountain Range and Glacier National Park. Yeah there will be snow there...at least on my doorstep very soon--but thats the chance you take living right on the mountain as well as the blessing you are granted...its exciting because it means it won't be long til I can hit the slopes. Being in such a place makes living this life such a simple, rare gift and makes loving this life...so so easy. I am also now counting down the weeks til my two aussie mates will find their way over to the US of A. The end of October will bring Alice and Mik--10 weeks...I have waited to see them since the moment I said goodbye to them in Australia. I have been in touch with them thru email, phone chats, and the internet but its not the same as having them right there with you...and for the first time in a very long time--I am just super excited and can't contain my happiness and excitement. For I know with these two girls will come smiles, laughter, friendship, memories and so so much more...they will also bring with them what I loved about Australia and all that I gained, learned and grew from...they will bring with them the person that I found over there all over again...I am so much more of who I am today because of my time in Australia and the people I met while I was over there...and thou I am very different once I returned from my time downunder I feel that in a way that person I came back as is slippin away...for I found so much of myself there--and I so badly want to return there...I want to find that aussie smile, that aussie laugh, that aussie view on life and attitude to face life with...I want my aussie roots that grabbed onto my soul and I was forever changed...Thou all those things still cling onto my soul and always will --with time I feel that it has faded...and just what I need and just when I need it...Alice and Michaela...will be here and bring all that and more with them. I can't wait to meet up with them in Portland, Oregon and travel to Washington then onto Idaho and Montana. I can't wait to have them with me in Whitefish and teach them how to ski and see their faces when they see snow and feel what winter really is...I can't wait to smile so much that I gain wrinkles all over my face...I can't wait to laugh til I cry and have my abs turn into six packs from doin it so often. I can't wait to hear their aussie slag and for them to make fun of my way of talking. I can't wait to sit and play endless games of would you rather or what if...I can't wait to drink way way too much with them...I can't wait to fill my cupboards full of american junk food for I know they will go competely crazy...I can't wait to everything anything and nothing with them...I can't wait to see their faces--faces I see everyday in my mind will be a reality...I can't wait to hear their voices--I can't wait to see their smiles...I can't wait to give them big bear hugs...I can't wait for so many people to meet two people who I think are two of the most amazing, funniest, most random, positive attitude people I know and am lucky enough to call my friends. I can't wait for so many others to fall in love with Australia and the two of them...i just can't wait!!!

No comments: