Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Isn't it time?

Sometimes I am over come with silence...to have no reason to talk- to not pick up my phone when it rings or the endless texting that you find some people doing. For there are times where I just need to be off in my own world--where the only thoughts I have are my own and the only voice to be heard is if I speak aloud. I guess in my way this is how I slow down--how I relax. Because being around so many people and having my phone seem like its always ringing tends to get to be a bit too much at times...and the best feeling in the world is to silence the outside and take in the world right in the moment you are living in. I use to answer my phone no matter what I was doing...now esp when I am in the company of family and friends I don't...most of the time I don't even have it with me. People complain because I am so hard to get ahold of or in the simple fact that I tend to at times not call back...Thou I understand there their anger lies don't you just sometimes run out of things to say? Or isn't there a world outside your phone that you should be exploring, taking in, creating, enjoyin? Aren't there people right by your side that needs your attention? Needs your convo in person? Thou I feel like this doesn't mean for a second I don't think about those far away and it certainly doesn't mean I don't miss you or don't love you...In a way it means I do even more...because I want you to experience the life around you--to take in the simple moments of life that you just can't get back. So today shut off the busy world around you and silence your phone and spend so much needed time to take in your world...whether it be taking a walk with the love of your life, a cup of joe with a friend, playing with a little one--i mean really playing with them, or maybe its just spending sometime with yourself...It will refresh your soul I promise you....For it makes life seem so simple, so peaceful, so quite, so relaxin, and so much more....Its time we do more of these things. Because in the end those are the moments we remember--we hold onto...moments that just lie in that single frame of time where there are no phones, no texts, no place to go, no one else to see, no where to run and go, no work to be done, nothing to be done but be just where you are....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally understand where you are here. I do the same things sometimes because the silence is so golden!