Wednesday, April 17, 2013

When does it END???

I have noticed that in the past few days I have been left with no words. I have been filled with rage and questions. Trying to understand yet finding no understanding at all. This world is filled with enough sorrow. enough pain. the way it is with car accidents, deaths, loss, cancer battles, abuse and neglect. Then we add onto it events like 9/11, Columbia, Sandy Hook Shooting and it doesn't stop there - the list is far too long. Most recently its the double bombings in Boston. My brain can not quite grasp this world we live in the evil that is in it can engulf you. It paints a horror picture of reality and the only grace that can be found in such of an event is to search for the good. Its easy to think evil will over power when such things happen at first but then you see the kindness and humanity of strangers. You see people running towards danger to help and you say to yourself that has to be worth more than the one moment of evil & terror. The goodness has to win. I can't save Boston. I can't bring back Emily, Daniel and their classmates & teachers to their desks at Sandy Hook. But I do know that my kindness towards others counts for something and its something that is very important. Its part of a bigger picture that goes far beyond the eye can see. Good will over power evil by the grace and kindness of us all simply doing more for man kind - more for our neighbor as well as strangers. I don't want evil or terror to change me but I want the stories of those who lived thru that terror to change me and to inspire me to lend a hand to whom ever I can. I want those who lost their lives stand for something that will long live past the terror that took their lives. We can all do more good in this world by not letting such evil stunt our growth or steal our hope in humanity. We can not be robbed of such. We must endure and take a stand that for every act of evil there will be double if not triple the amount of good done. I believe with my heart in soul that there is more love in this world than hate. That when the chips are down my fellow neighbor or stranger will have my back they will be there to help. That there is too much good that evil could never over take us. I will we will never understand this madness of terror and evil but we must continue to spread the good and kindess. We must be the ones that win out in the end.

No comments: