Monday, September 15, 2008

Life is a highway

Today while driving the highway while goin above the speed limit I found myself slammin on my breaks and in a semi-traffic jam out in the middle of nowhere my speed was dropped from over 75 down to almost 40 and forced into a one lane flow of traffic I couldn't figure out what the hold up was until cars on the left lane cleared to the right. And there driving in the fast lane of traffic rode a lady in her late 70's driving with the top down and just loving life. She didn't care where she was going or how long it would take for her to get there traveling at the speed she was going. She wasn't bothered by the fact of her driving was coz others to develop a sudden case of road rage ... She didn't care at all she had no worries in that moment with her gray hair blowin in the wind supportin the jackie o shades and rockin out to the tunes that I am sure were blastin out of her speakers she was living the dream loving the moment life gave her to do with what she wanted... And the way she wanted to spend that moment was to savor it and make it last for more than just a moment.

I will never meet her. I will never know her name nor will I find out where she was traveling but her view on life was as clear as her speed of driving. And she made me think about life and the life I live and the speed I choose to live it at. She taught me an important lesson only because I choose to slow down with her and smile and not to be like the drivers in front and behind me who were filled with complete road rage. They missed out on a special lesson and more importantly they were consumed by the ME and I and looked passed the fact that she wasn't in a hurry to arrive at the destination she was all about the journey she was taking to get there. Fun life is like a highway you are on it to go somewhere but sometimes we get wrapped up with where we are going and when we are going to get there we go too fast and miss some pretty amazing places events and people who we can learn grow change and become more of who we are meant to be if we allow them the chance to be in our lives. If we are willing to take the top down and slow our speed and keep our eyes open and carry an attitude with ourselves that allows us to see it. For I could have just as easily been one of those drivers filled with road rage today but instead I am filled with happiness. I hope that lady is driving across the country and LOVINGthisLIFE!! Every second of it

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I hope you have an open road, wind in your hair, top down kind of day. Love and miss you.