Saturday, September 13, 2008

why not

Have you ever stop and really looked at your life I tend to do this alot when it comes to me looking thru my photos. I will stare at a photo taken when I was 3 of my grandfather and me the other day and I just thought of what my life would have encompassed if I was granted a life with him in it all these years. I look at photos of family and friends present, far away, way back then, and those who are now gone and I try to engrave in my mind the sound of their voices and draw their smiles in my thoughts for me to have with me always. For I have come to realize that life can change in one single moment. Its almost overwhelming to think of it in such a way but yet I force myself to... just a few seconds ago I was visiting a site on line that is in memory of a soul that was taken much much too soon. But yet in a way she lived a life that was so full and pure in a way in my 27 years I have yet to do. I look at her pictures, I look at pictures of her and just study them...and the what if's overcome me. to this day I still can't believe she is not walkin this earth. I think of my mentor and teacher and think of the life he would have had if cancer didn't take him from us. I think of too many friends that were taken before I even could truly comprehend what death really was. I think of mom and dads, brothers, sisters, grandparents and best friends that one day had their world and with one life taken from it --it all changed.

I look at my dad, my mom, my brothers, my best friend & sister, my friends, my family, my athletes, the people that make my world and I am so grateful and feel blessed to the core of my soul because I have them and that I can still take their photo, I can still capture simple happiness with them. For I know their are many who would give anything to take one more photo with their best friend. What they would give to take in a game and have a beer with their brother. What they would give to take their daughter or son off to college. what they would give to text a friend a joke or call them to tell them a fun story or to talk about really nothing at all. I hope I never find myself taking those simple moments with people that I love ever for granted. For I know those moments seem endless and at times really not that special for they are just soo normal to have...yet I know there isn't an endless supply of them...So why waste them being filled with anger, why waste them sleeping or being alone, why not go out of your way for them, why not take ten minutes to get down on the hands and knees and play with a kid that loves you and all they want is for you to play with them, why not drive 5 hours to see someone that you haven't hung with in ages, why not enjoy simple life moments and realize that blessings of just being in that moment....Why not love this life....why not why not why not...For moments don't last forever...and don't wait for them to be gone to realize things that we always should have known and have been grateful for..why not tell that person or the people in your life just how much they mean to your world now and not wait for them to be taken from it for you to realize...WHY NOT...the time is NOW.

No comments: