Wednesday, October 27, 2010

King of Anything.

I have never been one for saying things should be done this way or that. I firmly believe we are all different therefore live different, think different and feel different. I don't believe that there is a certain way of doing things just your way of doing them. We all have a custom way of thinking and dealing with life. It is easy from the outside looking in to say you should do this or that was so not the right thing to do. Only one person can read your mind and know what your heart wants... That person is YOU. So drown out the noise and listen to the voice that counts. Don't be forced into thinking doing or feeling for anyone BUT YOU. Don't feel corner into thinking that you are wrong for thoughts feelings or actions. Don't be second guessing yourself because so and so told you this or that. I love the saying listen to the one that matters... The one meaning you. People love to put in their two cents... Let them, there's nothing wrong with that however don't let their voice their thoughts their action become yours. Live your own life. You might make a few wrong choices but you will accept them because you made them. For I know that the right decisions will out weigh the wrong ones.

Music always has a way of speaking to me, saying the things I just can't find the words to express... There is a song out there right now that speaks my true feelings when I am told by others on what to do, feel and think...

King of Anything by Sara Bareilles
"keep drinking coffee, stare me down across the table, while I look outside.
so many things I'd say if only I were able, but I just keep quiet and count the cars that pass by.
You've got opinions, man we're all entitled to 'em...but I never asked.
So let methan you for your time and try not to waste any more of mine, get out of here fast.
I hate to break it to you babe, I'm not drowning here... There's no on here to save...
Who cares if you disagree? YOU ARE NOT ME. Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be, who died and made you king of anything?
You sound so innocent, all full of good intent, swear you know best.
But you expect me to jump onboard with you -ride off into your delusional sunset.
I'm not the one who's lost with no direction, oh but you'll never see.
You're so busy making masks with my name on it in all caps.
You've got the talking down... JUST NOT THE LISTENING. (repeat chorus)
All my life I've tried to make everybody happy while I just hurt and hide.
Waiting for someone to tell me it's my turn - to decide.... (repeat chorus x2)

Its a Total Michelle song because if you haven't figured by now I test the limits on what is supposely called normal. And when people start talking like they know what is best for ME (thou if comes from the right spot with good meaning) I think of this song and I find myself biting my tongue not to say the last line in the song... "Let me hold your crown, babe!"

1 comment:

lindlauf84 said...

Michelle, I love this post! And ADORE this song! Brett was annoyed because I kept playing it over and over and over while I was cooking the day after I purchased the CD...