Thursday, October 21, 2010

You will always be, right there in my heart.

There's certain dates that will always come to mind, for they hold meaning beyond words. Some days are happy ones to remember births weddings and so on. However there also those of deaths and sorrow. I have come to realize thou that when such dates come I think of the day as a celebration of their life not one of sorrow. Oct. 20 was the day that Granny, left this journey for another. She was an amazing lady, and no matter how much I tell you or what I tell you it will never do justices and it will never be enough. She was my first best friend. She was a mother to me. She was a playmate, a story teller, a chef - a baker, a kind and gentle soul. She was my biggest fan. She was the one who always wrote letter after letter to me. She was the one that was never too busy to hear about my day. She was the one who was so happy to just sit and have a cup of tea. I miss her but know the gift it is to have all those years with her. To have all those memories with her. She brought color to my world. My childhood was filled with so many great memories because I was simply blessed to call her Granny. I hope where ever you are that you know how much I love you, Granny. I so very wish I could sit and talk. But know that my time spent here without you is meant to be lived to its very fullest so I will do just that for you. In your honor I will enjoy this cup of hot tea and think of all the memories that I lock forever away in my heart of you. For I know I will always keep you right there, in my heart.

No comments: