Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful in November

NOV 9th - I am thankful for the people I met in Australia - who took me in right away and made me feel at home in a place where I didn't know a soul.  For those mates that helped me find myself and become myself in the land downunder. YOU ALL hold a special place in my soul - oh how I miss you ALL and look forward to the day where I see ALL your faces again.

NOV 10th - I am thankful for the childhood I was blessed to have. Years where I was allowed just that a childhood that was filled with laughter, smiles, memories and love. One where I wasn't forced to learn hard life lessons, one where I wasn't forced to grow up because of hate-death-crime or abuse. One where I could run the streets with the neighborhood crew without fear. One where I was allowed to play dream discover learn explore grow...what a gift it is to have such memories to think back on.

NOV 11th - I am thankful for all those who serve this country, have served, will serve and those who have gave their lives for this country.  We are American because of the strong and the brave that protect and serve this country. THANK YOU just doesn't seem to be enough.

NOV 12th - I know this is kind of a strange one but that I can listen to Cities 97 out of Minneapolis via the internet... YOU HAVE NO IDEA how obessed I am with listening to this radio station whenever I am in the cities and now I can listen to it ALWAYS...LOVE IT.

NOV 13th - I am thankful for a weekend spent with my family bonding out in the middle of nowhere just us 6 plus Taylor and the dogs-bonding, eating, drinking, laughing, smiling and making memories. HOW GREAT it truly is to be with my brothers, my parents, my sister, my niece and the boys....a time we truly needed.

NOV 14th - For the teachers I have had in my life from K thru 12 to college to grad school. Those special people that invested their time knowledge and energy in me because they thought I was worthy of such a gift, that I was worthy to learn the lessons they had to teach.  My foundation was laid with solid frame because of such great people that taught me, a foundation that i can build up from and stand strong on.

NOV 15th - For the medical world that continue to gain knowledge and growth to find cures - treatments to heal those who are sick and ill and to provide comfort for those who are terminal ill.  I pray we will some day find a cure for AIDS and a cure for cancer. Thank you to all of you who are doctors, nurses and play a role in the medical world. ESP those who take care of my mom.

NOV 16th - For my friends  - those near and far who always make me feel like I matter.  who always go above and beyond to let me know they are there for me always. To have such friends is a gift that I can never truly describe. THANK YOU FRIENDS.

NOV17th - For roof over my head and warmth on such chilly days as winter creeps in.  I realize this is something that no everyone has even in American. I have such things as heat and can pay the bills to turn heat on and leave it on to keep my home warm at all times. I realize its a thing to be grateful for because its something that not all have.

No comments: