Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful in November

Happy Friday Peeps...its a beautiful late fall day here... Can you believe its already November...i am sure some of you already have the christmas count down doing...not here...i have a turkey day countdown...my favorite holiday...a holiday that we celebrate being thankful...no gifts. just simply gathering together eating and being grateful and thankful for the life we have been given and get to live. Oh and eating lots doesn't add to it or anything... The month of November I decided that I was going to be be grateful and thankful everyday ... I slacked alittle but just because I didn't post doesn't mean I failed at this task...I thought it and said it out loud so thats all that counts...now I will bring you all up to speed...

NOV 1st....I am beyond thankful actually I am blessed for the family I was brought into this world to have. To have the last name Goldmann...I am honored.  To have Koch genes and traits in me....I am honored. I realize how grateful I am to have such an amazing family my parents my brothers (Paul and Jacorian) my sisters (Shonna and Jami) my niece (Taylor) my boys (Kobe and Gauge) and then my extended family filled with aunts uncles grandparents cousins...Its a zoo when we are all together but I am so happy and honored to call them all family and to spend time with them. I know my greatest gift in this life is the family I have been given.

NOV 2nd...breathing...I am grateful and thankful to simply BE HERE. To be ALIVE. It is a gift to have simply days to live. each day I get is an extra. Living is earned is a gift...because not everyone gets to have another day. Breathing in itself is something you should feel honored to simply do...being here. living...its something to be thankful for each and everyday day you get.

NOV 3rd....my freedom...the fact that I can live my life how I want and think I should live it. That I have no limits to my goals. to my dreams. to how I picture and live my life. That I have the freedom to speak my mind. that I can lead or follow in this life. That my voice matters. That I can vote. That I have the same rights as everyone else. Being a woman today is not like being a woman back then....I am thankful for this changes in society... BUT by no way are we done making the changes we need...Much progress still needs to be made to recognize and legalize marriage simply as uniting to human lives together. to end racism. to end abuse. to end hatred. to end judging and just allow people to live their lives. To realize our voice doesn't out weight another. that just because we don't think its right doesn't mean its wrong....we have a long ways to go but i believe we will get there...until then I am grateful and thankful for the changes we have thus far.

NOV 4th...Military Forces...I am thankful for their service to this country. I am thankful for their sacrifices for the things they give up for you for me for their families and friends for this country so we can live free. without worry. That they are out there protecting us and this country. For those you enlist. those who re-enlist those you gave their lives. THANK YOU. This country is what it is because of people like you who step up. For such a huge role you play in this country I feel like Thank You doesn't begin to cover how grateful thankful blessed we feel. I am honored to be an American because of people like YOU.

No comments: