Thursday, September 26, 2013

A touch of Whitefish...

 Before I left Whitefish I was lucky enough to get my hands on a piece of history from the resort when it was know as Big Mountain Resort. Now days its known as Whitefish Mountain Resort on Big Mountain (located in Whitefish, Montana). This gem once took skiers to the slopes via the Badrock Lift way way back in the day. I was pumped when I got my hands on her and then Oly the lift maintenance pro on the mountain offered to turn the chair into a rocker. I had to wait for him to do his work - he's a busy guy making sure all the lifts are running smooth and update on the resort - so wait I did...but the wait was so worth it. Last winter I picked her up when I was there for a ski trip with my family. I was in love with her and that was pre-make over. She was old simple as that rusted and in tough shape - but my love remained no matter what.
 Until I had the space for her I had it store at my uncle Brad's body shop. I had high hopes that one day that maybe I would get around to having my uncle paint her like new. As you know from previous blogs I became a homeowner going on two weeks ago - so it meant I finally had the space to house this gem myself. Last night my parents arrived back into town with a trailer and this just happened to be on it. When I arrived home I was already excited to see the special chair with deep meaning to me in MY HOME! Once I opened the gate I became even more thrilled to see her...my uncle had brought her back to life and gave her a new paint job as a house warming gift to me. My parents had found out info from me on such things as what lift the chair belonged to. They decided to keep it the same color as it once was back in her glory days on the mountain and my uncle added a few touches in the details. Needless to say I was just about as happy as one could be.
Leaving the mountains and Whitefish was a tough tough choice for me - but I realized the mountains in Montana would always be there - so for the time being I packed my belongings and said goodbye...not going to lie my soul is prolly still somewhere to be found on those very mountains this chair called home...one day I will call her home again. But in the mean time I am embracing my new home and falling in love with her just as much as I did with Montana. And well this chair is just a piece of Whitefish that reminds me I am home - I am at peace. As I sat on her and rocked last nite I swear I could feel the same Montana air filling my lungs and that feeling of being at peace swepted over me - the exact one that I found in the sleepy ski town. The peace that place brought me is now found in my backyard. At home yes in deed I am.

No comments: