Monday, September 16, 2013

HOME...@ Last.

 On the perfect September morning (9.12.2013) I signed the papers to make a charming bungalow my first home as an official homeowner. It was an experience I never had before and one I will never forget. I never quite believe that such a thing would be checked of my life's goal list - being single I never thought I would ever see the day...but then that day came. And not only am I a homeowner but I found a house that screams Michelle Goldmann - I couldn't have found a more fitting home than this beauty.
I am head over heels in love with her. She is filled with character! I heart the way the hardwood floors sound when walking across them - filled with age and stories from a lifetime of people calling her home. She now holds my story in that collection. I love the imperfect details that lie in her walls after years of providing shelter to those who retreated to her each night. I have found my new favorite place to be is looking out the front windows when the sun is rising and setting each day - I love the way the light sunshines thru and reflects off the windows. I love the fact she is aged and with that age she has only gotten more beautiful. With a little elbow grease and sweat she is looking refreshed. I look forward to taking care of her.
 Out of all the first things I could have put up - I thought it was fitting that my first item would be NDSU related. For it wasn't that long ago that I drove these very streets during my college days vowing that if I ever called my college city my home it would be in this part of the woods. I knew it was a long shot even then with homes that were way out of my league...but yet I found her right in the heart of those very woods. I couldn't have been more thrilled to realize that my dream location has become my reality.
Clark - I mean Mark (my father) had his own first thing hung moment. In typical fashion it was hunting related. So my first buck "ankles" found his spot on the wall.
 I picture this space to be open - fresh and light and in order to do so the red just had to go. I can't wait to show the photo once the other color is up - for I just have this huge feeling it will look like its just meant to be that way all along.
 I will admit I was alittle crushed when I found that someone did a damaging act to her by riping out the original built-in and scarring her floor...but then I found this piece and well it looks just like it belongs and as for the floor we are healing her in hopes no scar will be shown.
I am now in the quest of changing her wall appearance to something more Michelle. I have a vision for her - all of her - each room - each wall - each flooring - every single detail will be addressed and she is going to shine like you wouldn't believe once I thru.
 Though the list of things to do is quite long I will take my time and check things off once they are done in complete perfection that adds even more to her character. I am planning on been with her for quite awhile so I know there is no rush. However I am looking forward to my belongings finding there home instead of just being at home in boxes. Its a process but a process that is worth doing - for like I said I am already completely head over heels in love with her - so nothing seems like work to me for I enjoy each moment I spend with her.


No comments: