Thursday, February 7, 2008

Once FEARED now CONQUERED.


Since I arrived on the slopes of the FISH, one trail has always made my stomach turn...BIGHORN. The 65 to 70 degree angle drop when looking down to see what you have to ski or ride to get to the bottom...that sight alone is enough to make you re-think and choose another trail to ski or ride. Today I decided to conquer this slope, as I stood up on the very top and looking down I thought to myself..what am i doin? this is crazy... So after about 5 mins of me talking myself into goin and at the same time out of goin i finally just pushed myself over the edge.... With my friend Costa looking on and hearing me scream, yell, laugh and celebrate i did the one run that brought a feeling a fear every time i skied past it. I stopped at the very bottom and looked up to what I just accomplished. A feeling of pride, joy and happiness swept over me and I found myself smilin' and lovin this life even more. With myself saying.. I DID IT! The view from the top always brought fear yet this amazing view because it made you feel like you were on the top of the world. As I looked up, I found an even better view. A view that stood for so much more that conquering the trail known as BIGHORN. So many things in this life test us, challenge us, change us, disappoint us, fail us, and fear us... I know what its like when you feel like you are fighting an up hill battle and when you feel like the fear of doin is too much at times. However I now know that facing the things that fear us the most are in fact things that we can conquer, accomplish and succeed if we have enough faith and strength to just push ourselves over the edge. You scream and yell alittle but before you know it...you did it. We all need to have things in our life that fear us...and we all need to know that we hold the tools within us to over come those fears.

No comments: