Monday, June 16, 2008

Puala...Paula...MOM

Many, many kids today know her as Mrs. Goldmann and many of those kids who grew up still refer to as Mrs. Goldmann. To the rest of the world she is know as Paula. To my dad...Puala. To three..simple as MOM. Over the years my mom prolli thought I was a little wild and compared to my boys the rebel of the three. We tended to butt heads while I was growing up, I thought she was too strict and she thought prolli she wasn't strict enough. I was and still am a little too much of my father's daughter. But if you were to ask most who know me well and my parents they would prolli say that even thou I look, act and have the same sense of humor like my father...I have the kindness, love, understanding, patience and heart of my mother. I am in a way the perfect blend of the two of them. She tends to be the only one that I can be mad at and stay mad...well at least longer than anyone else in my life. Not because we don't get along...thats not it at all...because we get along too well. Growing up i never had a best best friend...mostly because my mom has always been that person...and when asked when you are 9 or 17...your mom isn't something most people would say...but it would be the only person I thought was a true answer. For she is the one that was always constant in life that I could lead on and trust in.

Growing up, it was my mother that took my brothers and I to sporting events during the summer. She was the one that taught us to catch, throw and hit. She was with me all thru girls scouts...(until my sr year in high school)...most make fun of it...the fact that my mom was my troop leader all those years...and I see the humor in that...but they don't realize all the things I got to do and see...with my mom. All the memories and special moments we were able to share over the years. Thru out my brothers and I years of growing, schooling and sports playing..she was nothing but our biggest fan all the way thru. She was the one that always made us feel special, always made us feel like champions, always made us feel loved for who we were...esp when we messed up. She is quick to forgive, to understand and to love.



My mother has always given way more than she has ever recieved...Our dreams became her dreams...She found a proud life to live in the lives of my brothers and I...And I know life is extremely different for her now...There were so many times she went without so we could do this, go here or have this...She never thinks of herself and in all my 27 years of living I don't think I have ever heard her truly complain about anything dealing with her. She is the type of mother I want to be to my future children. She is my leading and shining example on how I treat people and view people. She has always taught me to love not hate and to understand not judge. She is someone who doesn't gossip or even cares to know the information that could lead to gossip. Her world is family, faith, teaching and baseball. She is my father's sidekick at the diamond for i surely don't know who loves and puts more time into that field. When its baseball season you see her there everygame...grilling and smelling of burgers. Some people come to the game just to eat because thats how good the food is there...NO LIE.

Someday I hope to give back to her...to take her to Europe--just the two of us and explore, shop, sight see and spend our days in a place new to us. Someday I hope to go shopping with her in LA or take in a broadway play in NYC. Someday I hope she gets the dream house she has always wanted. Someday I plan to help her decorate it...Someday I hope dreams for herself...and i hope more than anything those dreams come true. Someday soon I hope to see the look of pride on her face when she hold's her first grandchild...(Paul's child...not mine...someday thou). Someday I hope to see her retire and see-feel-and know the difference she made in so many's lives by her teachings-her life...Someday I hope she sees just how amazing she is...and that she may know the blessing she is each and everyday to those who know and love her. For I know of three people...who find it such an honor, blessing and joy to call her MOM...a simple word that has endless meaning.

No comments: