Thursday, July 17, 2008

Coming Together

I am happy to say that thou we take different paths..for some reason our paths keep coming together...they cross and then go a different way and come back again together. Even if its just for a short time. These girls...well there truly aren't any words that can describe how much they mean to me-how much they bring into my life-how just amazing each and every single one of them is. Kinsey, Shannon, Heather, Lindsey, Jamie, Bridget and Erin. Each so different but together it all makes sense why we are friends. They are simple girls who only need a cooler of budlight..and now some OJ (LG) and each other to have a good time. When I am with them I hear their laughter and see their smiles and for someone who goes goes goes...I relax. I enjoy. I slow down. I tend to record those moments in my mind...I sketch their smiles and keep their laughter echo-ing thru my mind...because once those moments are over...i replay those memories and moments when I am alone and when I need them when they are too far to be near. So thou we are far apart from each other...They are still with me everyday...Last weekend we were brought together to celebrate the wedding of our Bridget to Dan. We drank, we smiled, we laughed, we danced, we made memories to last. It was during that weekend at the wedding dance where I sat up above and watched seven girls each in their own world of happiness out on the dance floor. Kinsey with Jared, Lindsey with Mike, Jamie with Tom, Shannon with Tim, Erin with Stevie, Bridget with Dan and Heather dancing around the floor with one month old Laken. I can't really describe what I truly saw or how that moment was so profound to me. I was watching simple life happiness...the kind of happiness that is so real its impossible to truly capture or even realize that you have it or even dream of having...because its happiness in its rarest form...the kind you might just take for granted from day to day...because its just a simple form of being happy...dancing to some cheesy song with someone you love. I tend to not to be someone who you see crying...no I was not sobbin but tears were formed and one or two might have escaped from the corner of my eye. WHY...because thats just what I have always wanted for each one of them...the simple life happiness...and I realized at that moment they each had just that...and to see that and to see all of them at the same time have that....I was swept away in that moment. Having those seven friends in my life makes it easy for me to be a true friend, makes it easy for me to just be me. For they just take me for who I am and love me for me just being me. They are some of my biggest life fans...they believe in me, have faith in me and inspire me to reach out to life --to want more--to be more--How cool is that...how simple is that? But thats just who they are...Simple real friends...who are so much more than that. As time has gone by I have leaned on them more and more. I have turned to them during times of sorrow and trails and they are the ones I turn to celebrate with-laugh with-smile with. Me being the oldest of the crew I tend to also be the one that makes sure that everyone is taken care of...and I realized that as the years have gone by I have to do less of this...Because each one of them...has grown into a person who is confident, secure, strong, smart and knows just what they are reaching for and just who they need in their life that truly matters. They have found amazing people to share their everyday lives with...the kind of people that I am too blessed to have in my life...I have so much admiration and respect for Tim, Stevie, Dan, Tom, Mike, Jared and Jamie...for they are the ones that are making all the difference in the lives of my journey friends. I am thankful for friends like these seven girls and I am thankful for all our times together...whether we be doing everything or nothing. Just being together brinds so much happiness to me and having them in my life...has made all the difference in my life.

No comments: