Monday, July 14, 2008

YOU LEARN

As years go by you learn to LET GO...to let go of dreams, of friendships, of pass love, of mistakes, of failures, of regrets, of pain hurt. You learn that at one point or another even the person you never thought would let you down...WILL...and you will do just the same. You learn that death is a part of life. That sometimes no matter how hard you try you can never control life...and no matter how much you want the why's of life answered they just won't be...sometimes life doesn't make sense...but someday it all will. You bring to see the miracle in life thru birth and love and cherish the moments that lead to our passing. You learn who your journey friends are, your phase friends, your so called friends, your learning friends, your growing friends, your moment friends...you learn the difference between all those friends. You learn who you can trust, count on and lean on. Who you can be real and bare your naked soul to--someone you are willing to see you at your absolute worse. You learn that life isn't always...ok its almost never about YOU! You learn that in order to receive you must give. Because people always end up getting just what they deserve. You learn to have faith in things that don't make sense or can't be explained-seen or touched. You realize that nothing stays the same or last forever---nor should it. Life changes-people change..things change. You learn that no one is perfect and everyone has flaws...everyone is different. Being imperfect is what makes us human. What makes us unquie and special. You learn to see imperfect people perfectly. You learn to love the cracks and flaws of people and of life more than you see the perfect traits. You learn that life isn't about reaching a certain point to be happy. Life isn't about when you reach a certain point to begin...YOUR LIFE IS NOW. Life isn't a fairytale...sometimes you don't have the job, house, man, ring, kids or the life you always dreamt you would have...BUT that doesn't mean your life is any less. You learn to create and live your own happiness...and not depend on others to bring it to you or give it to you. You realize that life isn't a timed journey--you don't have to do everything at a certain time for a certain time. Life is about finding yourself, creating yourself and defining yourself in such a way that you can give yourself back to life and to others. You learn what being a part of a family is really all about...and just how important it is to have it and be a part of it. You learn what being a true friend really is all about. what being true to yourself really means. What life is truly all about and you realize its best to give of yourself--your love-your hugs-your time-your smiles & laughter-your kindess-your understanding..because its better to give it all away...its better to share your life than to keep it all to yourself and live alone. For eveything is better shared...to laugh with someone-cry with someone...Life seems to last forever but really it never ends up lasting long enough...because at any moment it could be over...and I want to be able to leave this earth knowing I lived my days to the very fullest...that I gave the best of myself to this life--to those around me..I don't want to save one single drop of living in my soul...when I take my last breath..i want to be able to say I am empty...I laughed-I smiled-I loved-I gave-I befriended-I lived to the very fullest...for all that stays once I leave is the impression I give-the love I gave and the legacy that I leave behind..I am in no ways perfect...but I want to say I gave it my all...And I feel that as long as I keep learning--from everything life throws at me--from all those that walk with me or in & out of my life--as long as I never take for granted one single day-one single person--as long as I let go...I feel that I might just be on the right track to do so.

No comments: