Friday, July 18, 2008

Aunt Renee





My dad's big sister Renee...is hands down one of the greatest people that I know...that I have in my life...She is a true life liver...She is a simple country girl that just needs her family and her horse and she is good to go. Over the years going to her house for Christmas has been one of my favorite memories as well as favorite places to go...Her house is always filled with family, love, laughter, food and of course drinks. I have so much respect for her and I realize just how hard and tryin at times it is being the oldest in the family. For it has always been Renee and her hubby Wayne...who well he will get his own blog because I have much to say about the kind of man he is--to come soon...that has been close to keep an eye on my grandparents, to help them out esp once they weren't able to do certain things. Renee was the one who was there thru all of it with my grandmother....she saw the very worse...while yet being so strong for all of us. Now that granny is gone...its Renee that I see the most of Granny in...Mother-like daughter...and to say that I have two soul-two beings in my life who are so kind, caring and loving is a blessing I am never sure how I got. Granny was the glue to the Goldmann family she held us all together...Now its Renee. Thou Gramps is still alive and kicking...its Renee that cares for him and makes sure he is safe and well, I know this is a hard for her at times with Gramps forgetting more and more...but she stands tall, she takes the extra extra time to do this or take and include Gramps always. She lets him stay independent yet he depends on her the most. Its thru her example that I have learned some of the most important lessons in life, its thru her everyday life that I have found the true meaning of family and loving. She gives of herself so much sometimes I am not sure if she has anything left for just her. In all my years of knowing her...I have never seen her have a bad attitude, a bad day or complain. For even in our darkest of hours I have found she can still smile and laugh...and even when she is at her lowest low..she carries so much strength with her. two now four call her mom, four call her nana, one calls her honey and the rest of us Renee...I will always find the blessings in having her in my life...and to say she is family...is something I am honored to say. I know that she finds true happiness being outdoors...She is a woman who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty...and you will always find a huge smile on her face...Thank You Aunt Renee...for teaching me that life can be dirty and messing but that doesn't mean you can't jump right in and find happiness...for teaching my the true beauty of the outdoors....for teaching me the importance of knowing the stories and history of our family...for always living a life that is a true example to all those around you. You have taught me so much by the love and time you give to others. My world is more...because you are in it...I am a better person because of having you in my life and calling you my aunt. Thank You for ALL you do!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautifully said!