Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rita and Martha

Bridgette...I met her my freshman year of college...she lived right down the hall...she was the first person to welcome me when I moved into the dorms that second semester after transferring from the upper classmen dorms. The first girl on the floor to include me and invite me to party with them that night. She and I had a connection that would bond us for life...because of a man that changed my life and a man that also helped changed her's...both go by the name of Mr. Swegarden... brothers and teachers-english teachers..what a small world...She saw the picture of Mr. Jay Swegarden in my dormroom that first day and something looked familiar to her about it...like she saw it before...sure enough she did...it was the same one that sat on Mr. Jeff Swegarden's desk in her high school english room...and thats all it took for me to feel at home with her...For I tend to be shy...believe it or not...and from that moment I felt like I could just talk to her...When I think of a true being...a down to earth person...someone who just loves...someone who doesn't judge in any way shape or form...someone who knows the secret of life, love and friendship...I ALWAYS think of Bridgette...For that is just who she was way back then, who she always was and still is...its in her nature to just care, to take the time, to listen, to love, to give, to understand...to remain a true friend even when she isn't treated like one. We drifted apart due to my being...not her...but when I came to realize this...she was still there...her friendship and love never faded...her faith in me and vision of me never blurred...she always just saw ME..At times I never felt like I deserved such a true being in my life...for her friendship was and still is so different from all those that I have in my life...its so rare and so special in a way that I can never fully explain or find the words to even try. She knows me without even trying...without hearing all my stories...without spending day after day with me...She just some how knows without a word...I know people tend to use this saying alot..that person is one in a million...that person is so rare...But i can truly say that she is so unqiue and rare...that you would not find another person like her in this world...some may be close...but she will still stand out more to me. I know things would be even more if I lived closer to her...we would take in concerts like jack johnson or keri noble..you would find us hanging out at a coffee shop or some classy low key bar...we would take in movies like sex in the city...and make casey come! we would eat out all over the cities and go shopping while casey holds our bags...I would spend Sunday's at the Martini's household with her, cas, Jay and Vick...how I would LOVE that...Our lives right now...at least mine keep me from doing so...but I know she would love for me to be just down the street or the next sub over...SOMEDAY..don't count me out just yet...For if she knows anything about me...even when she sees it...i always have to find my own way...and I am lucky that she not only sees it...but more importantly she lets me find it and take my own time...no matter how long it takes me...Thank You Bridgette...for always seeing more in me than I ever could. For always having faith in my even when I didn't. For always giving me your very best of friendship and love. For always just seeing ME...the best in me esp when I didn't give it or show it. For always just being there waiting for me to find myself. For always giving me the best welcoming smile and best goodbye hugs. For being the type of friend I have always wanted to be...trust me..what you may think that comes so nature to her...isn't something that can be done so easy...I know I will be friends with her for ever...how can I be so sure...because of the past...for when we drifted apart we found our way back...Because of forgiveness, understanding, friendship and love...because its Bridgette and because its me...and because I already found out what life was like without her and its something I am not willing to ever do again. Because when I am with her...time just seems to stop and the laughter never stops. Because its so simple when I spend time with her--so easy and carefree and laid back to hang out with her and Casey...its that at home feeling they both give to you...Because they both have been and always will be true life friends to me..The ones that don't fade even if you haven't seen them forever...the type of friendship that lasts...they are two of my life journey friends...that I will always find blessed to have with me on this journey of life.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my Martha!
As in all friendships you teach me many things as well. The most important thing I learn from you is to follow your journey- let it take you where it wants to go and to live in the now.
I feel just as blessed that you are in my life. We are lucky!