Thursday, November 27, 2008

A time to be THANKFUL

Today millions of Americans will gather around the table with their loved ones eat way too much and watch football.And most important give thanks to the blessings they have in their life.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! Because it involved two simple things okay maybe three...family-loved ones, being thankful and of course food. Many other holidays it gets out of hand and people get caught up in the maddness of the holiday. With thanksgiving is simply just a time to reflect and take notice of the blessings you have in your life and be grateful for those blessings.

My life is no different from Suzie Tommy Jane or Dave. In fact the things that I am grateful prolli fall in the same pattern theirs do. Which makes being thankful so great....because it involves the simplest of things!

Today I am grateful to have two parents who support me love me and believe in me. They see greatness in me even when I don't show it or when I mess up. They love me at my best and even more at my worse. I am thankful for two brothers who have given me so much strenght and test my limits to make me more. They hold my childhood and my strenght. A huge part of who I am is a reflection of having the simple blessing of calling them my brothers.

I am thankful to have a sister in Jami who has filled my life with so much joy and happiness. She has always made me feel important and that I make a difference even if its only in her life.

I am thankful to be a Koch Goldmann Harris and Kautzman. I am blessed to be a part of a massive strange crazy loving family. I am thankful to be the granddaughter of Florian and Miranda Goldmann and Jacob and Tillie Koch. To have the blessing of calling those four my grandparents is one of the best blessings that I have ever had! Thou two of them arew gone there isn't a day that goes by that I am not thankful or that I don't miss them. They have always shown me by example on how to live and love this life.

I am thankful for all those that I call my friends! For the life memories I have created shared and had with all of them. For all the smiles laughter tears fears dreams and memories that they hold. I kno when I see my friends how amazing they are and how lucky I am to have them all in my life....how I got to be so lucky I never think I will know!

I am thankful for all the girls that I have coached over the years in softball volleyball and esp basketball. I know and see the difference they have brought to my life. They have given my life meaning in ways I will never truly be able to explain.

I am thankful for living in a country that allows me to be free, where I can work, vote and be heard. Where I am not judged on my skin faith or political views. Where we can all have our own thoughts and not be wrong or right for having them.

I am thankful to the millions of people that walk in and out of my life who bring small blessings into my life...a smile a thank you a hello from a stranger. A person who takes an extra step for me who really has no reason to at all.those who take the time to help me and most of the time have no gain in return other than a thank you coming from me. These moments are the best moments to be thankful for because it shows the light of humanity that people have in a world that can and is filled of darkness. That in the end kindness understanding caring and love trumps all.

And this thanksgiving I find thnaks in Michaela and Alice. For having them here. To be able to smile and laugh with them again. For my friends and family having the chance to meet two people who helped me find myself...grow into myself...and above all love myself. For that's what Australia helped me finally find....myself. And these two girls are a huge part of that.

And lastly I am thankful for Lindsey and her family for opening up their doors and always making me feel I am a part of their family! They are simple just great!

So this thanksgiving may you find the simple life blessings you have that bring love into your life and make loving this life the greatest ride of all. Happy Gooble Gooble Day!

No comments: