Sunday, November 30, 2008

They will rattle the stars

Its bssketball season and thou its been now 2 years since I have been apart of Packer Basketball I have found I miss it more and more as time goes by. Being a part of Packer ball gave my life true meaning and purpose. I felt like my time was being served with making a difference and mattering. Not just a coach for basketball but also a coach for life...ya it was mainly about the x and o's of the sport but I have always felt that where I truly made an impact had more to deal with the being than the player. I cared more about their lives after sports than I did for that moment. Don't get me wrong I am a highly competitive person and I want to work hard and win. But I know that other things weigh heavier than wins or losses.

Thru coaching I have gained the honor of knowin some pretty amazing gals. I am proud to say I have a special bond with each and every player I coached. In fact I still know all their names and faces and better yet I am still in contact with over hundreds that I have coached in volleyball softball and basketball. I still get emails messages calls and cards giving me updates and asking for advice. I take great pride in the fact that the bonds I have with these girls didn't end with the turning of the seasons or graduation. In fact they only flourish from there. And all of those girls know that it will cont to be just that until I take my last breath in this life...why do I want to stay in touch with all of them like that??? Simple...because each and everyone of them is worth it! Because they bring such deep meaning into my life...in ways I will never be able to explain. I am more because when they trust in me and look to me for advice and guidence I am built up to be more of the person I am meant to be. I am better for knowing them and I am honored to be apart of their lives as people not just their lives in sports. I look forward to watchin them each rattle even the stars!!

They see greatness in me...in ways I don't see...but what they over look and never see is the greatness that lies inside of them! They will make a difference and matter not just in my life but in countless others...just watch and seem

No comments: