Friday, November 6, 2009

Deer season NOPE Goldmann season

In a few days I will find myself standing out in the wide open North Dakota fields...where there's not a house or telephone pole in site. Where I have to sit just rite and hold my phone at such a degree in order to pick up a signal....making it even easier not to have a single care to even try. I will be surrounded by silence and fresh air. The voices I will hear are the only voices that when it comes down to it bring the true meaning into my life... "Michelle, you are suppose to be helping me scout for the deer" from my mom. "Hey Kelly" from my brothers. A laugh from Shonna and guidence to help me kill the big buck from my dad. Its a time where the six of us cram into a 70's tiny camper and eat drink and laugh. A time where most of the jokes are at my expense but I laugh anyways. For I don't care what makes us all laugh together all that matters is the sound of our laughter becoming one strong sound.

For a person who has an obession with showering the minute she wakes up for once I just give in and put on yesterday's socks. Without even a word(AMAZING I KNOW). Because only once a year if I am lucky I find myself out in the middle of nowhere forgetting about the dramas of the world only to connect with the great outdoors and bond with the lives that my life is wrapped around.

I am not a big deer hunter. Well I am not a big hunter at all. But well there's only 5 people I can think of that can get me to wear yesterdays socks and pee in the prarie (yes-i still have to stripe down in order to not pee on myself--) only five people who I would even think of being crammed into a 70's camper with. Only five people who I would let tell jokes at my expense. To most its deer season... To me well its Goldmann season. A time to shut off the world around me and tune into the Goldmann world that matters. And if I am highly and completely lucky maybe I will shoot that big buck...maybe but in all honestly higly unlikely. Its ok its not what brings me to the middle of nowhere...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm a thousand miles from nowhere, time don't matter to me" I'm a thousand miles from nowhere, and all I want is Mickey D's"