Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Need

"Half of the confusion in the world comes from not knowing how little we need... I live more simply now and with more peace." -Richard Byrd

Wants are all around us. Everywhere we turn. Things. Places. People that make us want and want more. Our eyes focus and see the wants but pass over the need. I have come to know that when you down size and live simple just how simple life seems to become. I find that when I accept people for their faults and mistakes they hardly ever let me down. When I listen instead of speak the wisdom I tend to gain. When I understand life becomes less complicated. When I forgive I am able to breathe just a bit more easily. When I just BE I find an equal ground with life. Sometimes we want too much. And we don't realize that all we need is truly all we need in this life. For wanting is always followed by stresses and worries.

"To understand all is to forgive all." -Anne Louise Germaine de Stael

"They understand but little who understand only what can be explained." -Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

No comments: