Friday, April 9, 2010

Two worlds

"You can kiss your family and friends goodbye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you." - Frederick Buechner -Telling the Truth (also from the book The Shack)

Did you ever stop and realize just how true this really is! Just how dead on this guy was and still is! We all find ourselves living our own lives. Some surrounded by all they know others off by themselves. But the truth is we all take a little of each other no matter where we are! Most days we do this without even knowing!! That's the beauty of love! Of touching someone's life and soul... Long after we are gone we still remain. We still are carried on.

I think of the lives that I am just away from. And I think of the lives I can no longer see in this life..but each are with me each and every moment of my life. For I know this much is true paths that cross will cross again! But until then they live in me. They are carried in my heart. My mind. My being. My stomach. Oh the beauty of love and friendship and the mighty impact it has and the imprint it leaves once you touch a life.

My goal in this life is to have so many imprints on my life you can't truly tell where one ends and the other begins. My goal is to have the world that lives within me just as important as the world that I surrounds me. Making one fold into the other and bringing the very best of both those worlds to the very best of who I can and will be!

Two worlds. That constantly remind me its not just about me! About what I can get. About what I want! But about what I can do and what I can give to better off not just one of those worlds but both of those worlds!

No comments: