Sunday, April 10, 2011

NO ONE

"The modern fairy tale ending is the reverse of the traditional one: a woman does not wait for Prince Charming to bring her happiness; she lives happily ever after only by refusing to wait for him - or by actually rejecting him. It is those who persist in hoping for a Prince Charming who are setting themselves up for disillusionment and unhappiness."

"SHE discovered SHE had been the one SHE had been waiting for..."

Some might feel sorry for me, or have some dream for me that I have yet to possess. Because you see I'm single, and I don't strive to go out in life in quest of finding someone to spend the rest of my life with. I am open to such a path if that is what life presents but this is not my life's quest. I am determined to live my life in this very moment and not wait for someone to walk into my life to begin living. I believe in someone to share in this journey with, to love to support and all that jazz but I also refuse to believe that my life is less if no such a person is found. Maybe I am stubborn, to not settle, to not go in quest of finding. Maybe I am naive to think and fully believe the only person that truly completes you is you, yourself. Yea, I believe people around you make you better, they make a difference but in the end the one that feels, that lives, that grows, that changes, that accepts, that loves, that breaths is in fact YOU. I could sit around and feel all sorry for myself because I don't have the ring, the house, the kid but the truth is those are dreams and hopes for a different life that is not mine. Maybe that life will be mine someday maybe it won't. What I know is that I won't waste the life I have been given right now in this moment, waiting. No one, I don't care who you are waiting for... is actually worth waiting to live your life. Happiness is a state of mind, thou others can bring sparks of happiness into your life, it is up to you to keep that flame lit.

"I don't need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we'll ever have is the one with ourselves."

"Being single is getting over the illusion that there is somebody out there to complete you and taking charge of your own life."

Who I am will not change by whether or not I am in a relationship. Who I am is not based on one single person in my life. I am changed by each person I meet and cross paths with. I am better and more because I allow all to affect my being and the growth of that being. Who I am is not about who I am with but where I am going in this life with all those around me. For I love and I am loved. I care and I am cared for. My life isn't missing some piece to the puzzle of happiness in this moment. I am fulfilled, I am content - well about as content as I can or ever will be. I am confident in the life journey that I am on, and I am positive just like it always has done in the past it will lead me to all the places and to all the people I am meant to be at and with.

"You can explore the universe looking for somebody who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and you will not find that person anywhere."

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them."

Thou my dreams and hopes are different than most, they aren't graded as any less. For my mission and goal in life is to LIVE. I am in quest of truly living this life and making each person I meet - each place I go better than what I first found it to be. I am here to learn about such things as compassion, humanity, grace, understanding and integrity in hopes I can truly make a difference and make my life count. Just as my dreams have grown and changed over the years I change and grow as a being with them. For yes when I was five or ten I dreamed of Prince Charming and the white wedding - the bus load of kids. But sometimes if were lucky bigger and better dreams come true in our lives. One day we wake up and reflect on all the things we have been able to do, all the places we have seen, all the people we have met, all the life experiences we have been able to feel see and live. And you find yourself with a full understanding and acceptance that we can't have it all, we are never meant to have it all. I refuse to sacrifice my moments of happiness and just life in general waiting. No one is worth the wait. No one is worth missing out for what this world and life has to offer. So whether you are with someone or not - realize that you are the seeker and the holder of your life's happiness. And you have a choice each and every day - every second every moment every breath to be happy or not. Don't let someone be the master - the driver -the giver or the taker in your life. Steer and live your own journey, allow people to influence to support to encourage to love to change you as you go but be the commander of your fate your destiny your journey your life. Your life is a gift don't waste it by waiting.

"Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you're pretty sexy and you're taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with."

Besides you just may be waiting for yourself to say this...

"My knight and shining armor turned out to be a loser in aluminum foil."

No comments: