Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Am I TEN again???

I don't usually voice/speak my thougths or words. Because I feel that everyone is entitled their own thoughts feelings and opinions - whether they differ from mine or are the same as mine it is a basic right that should be honored. AS. SIMPLE. AS. THAT. We are all different. What makes us the same is the beating of our hearts - the emotions we feel - the knowledge we hold - the air that fills our lungs... What makes up the fabric of this life of this world is the fact that we are the same no matter race gender ethnic background or the coutnry we come from yet we are all different. I am no less or no greater than my neighbor nor my brother or sister. We are ONE the same.

There was a time we were all told what to do - how to do it - when to do it and how not to do something. Make your bed - finish your homework - pull the weeds - take a bath - eat your peas - brush your hair - brush your teeth - do the dishes ... we were all in the shoes with the thought I CAN NOT WAIT TO BE BIGGER so I can do what I want to do - make my own choices....  As we grow we are given more responsibility more room to think for ourselves - choose for ourselves - decide for ourselves. And as we mature we gain the knowledge to do what is best for oneself and we respect that what might be right for us might not be right for another. This is a sign we have entered adulthood and are capable of living life without being told what to do and what to think. This is something that I don't take for granted nor lightly. I sometimes may make the wrong choice or do the wrong thing and i am left to learn from the consequences - thats what learning by mistakes. or by life is ALL ABOUT. 

 What I can not stand is being told after spending years and years gaining this very right is being put back in those same shoes of being told what to do and how to do it. IT doesn't matter my view - it doesn't matter if i am right or wrong what is valued is the fact that i have a choice. you have a choice. we have a choice. I don't judge because i have no idea what its like to be in anyone's shoes but my own. And if i were to ever be stuck between a rock and a hard place i would be grateful for my RIGHTS. my CHOICES. I don't agree with what is going on with women's rights to choose. Because in the end its MY BODY someone is having control of - I say this knowing that if I were to have a baby growing in me i would choose the life of that child but that is MY CHOICE and I respect the choices that other women make whether they are the same as mine or differ. What is wrong is having that choice be taken away. It leaves me thinking...I am SORRY I didn't realize I was TEN AGAIN!!!!

Thank you North Dakota for telling me what I can and can not do to my OWN BODY for making that PERSONAL choice for all WOMEN for US.  I can only hope this is followed by what I can and can not eat - what I can and can not wear - for that matter please take away my right to vote and please be sure to send me and all women a text book filled with what we can and can not think say and feel. I am not one for being torked off but today is the first time in 32 years that I am not proud to say I am from North Dakota.
 

No comments: