Friday, March 29, 2013

HAPPY EASTER

I believe that it doesn't matter what religion you choose to worship or believe in. It doesn't matter if you call him Buddha Lord or whatever it is you prefer. I am not here to push my views on you for I feel its a relationship that I have with my faith - its personal and its all mine...just as I want and hope the same for all. We are all different so naturally we all should not believe the same nor pracitice the same when it comes to things like faith. I don't speak for all but during such holidays my main focus is to show kindness true pure kindness not just on such days as Easter and Christmas but each and everyday. I focus on realizing and knowing my blessings and being grateful for what I have been given and who I have the honor to have in my life. My goal is to live a life that reflects such things as kind. compassionate. caring. true. trustworthly. I want my life to be defined by the goodness not just in myself but more importantly the goodness I bring to others as well as bring out of others. I want to live that truth each and everyday that I an granted on this earth. Each and every moment air fills my lungs I want to be grateful for this gift to simply be here.

On this Easter we will gather as a family - like always I am sure it will be loud - full of way to much food - laughter will be heard - stories told - smiles to be seen and prolly even a few tears. We will come together to be grateful for what we have been given and to take this time just to enjoy the fact we are together. Life sometimes presents challenges - changes and struggles that we do not want to accept that such changes will modify our life forever. Changes is well hard. Hard to accept hard to adjust and hard to come to terms that we can never go back. Life is not meant to be a smooth journey if it was we would lose the meaning. We must be tested. challenged so we are force to GROW. to BECOME. some lessons life brings are small and easy to handle take on others requires TIME. But what I know for certain we ENDURE. We can endure so much more than we think we can handle...sometimes our strength is tried and we find an extra source a reserve right off the bat other times we don't find such until we are broken and knock to our knees. Other times its takes us hitting rock bottom and someone helping us back up. Regardless we carry on. Life sure can be tough but we can be tougher. 

I know the changes that are happening in my family will test us. It might bring us to the point where we think we might break. It may lead us to a darkness that we must find our way in for some time. BUT it may also lead us to something better. Its hard to say...all we can do is take it one day at a time. The mountain that lies before us is quite massive but there is  one thing I know for certain my family is capable of such a climb and we will do it together - step by step LIVING each step of the way this life to its very fullest. Thou the climb will be tough we will still find the happiness and laughter to make it seem not so bad. Becasue you see its all about your attitude and to change from what seems has been DONE to you - to what has been GIVEN to you. Which in return comes back to how will you let this change your life. Will it control you or will you stay true to the core of who you are...is it easy to find the blessings - to show kindness - to be grateful - to be positive - to carry an attitude that reflects such...it is a challenge but I also know life is meant to be held as a gift and its our job to honor that gift not just when things are easy or going our way but esp in moments that challenge us - it may take everything out of us to do so...but it must be done as simple as that.

Sure this holiday is filled with bunnies. baskets. eggs. flowers. ham. and such but its also a prime time for you to stop and reflect on what has simply been given to you the blessings you have and the people that surround you. Its my favorite time to sit or stand in the corner and take my surroundings in...to watch and smile and then close my eyes and whisper THANK YOU. for even I know I have been given way way more than I ever deserved. Its a special moment that to me defines faith...something no-one else knows about its between me and my faith my maker. And then to make sure I live that gratefullness and thankfullness each and everyday...that is how you repay such a gift. HAPPY EASTER.

No comments: