Friday, March 8, 2013

Little Miss Niezwaag

I am a tad late with this post I know...but as the saying goes better late than never. February 18, 2013 at 5:37pm brought the arrival of a sweet baby girl to the proud parents of my great friends Bridgette and Casey - weighing 8lbs 2oz and 21 inches long Sloane Marie made her grand enterance into the world. I am literally tickled pink and over the moon for the new Niezwaag family of three.

In the early days of January 2000 I moved into Weible Hall at NDSU, after being in the high raises my first semester as much as I enjoyed the upper class living I knew I needed to be in the freshman dorms - so after Christmas break I moved into my new home and one of the first people I met lived two doors down from me - a friendly smiling brunette gal that went by the name of Bridgette. We became fast friends and have remained just that to this day. We all have that friend - the one we have had since way back then that shared in our college days that was around when we were finding ourselves - growing into the people we were meant to be while struggling with adjusting to life in college. Bridgette to be has always been that friend that defines friendship. Her values are strong. She is pure kindness. She is simple but in the classiest of ways. She is unconditional love. She is someone you can always count on. She is someone who is patient - caring and accepts you for you. Our friendship is a lot like the tide sometimes touching the shore and sometimes out to sea but something you can always rely on and trust that it will be there. As the years pass its a friendship that i turn to more and more. One that I am certain that will only grow stronger and will only bloom more with the years that go by.  I have known always just the blessing I was given with the friendship I have found with B. To this day I am grateful that she found it worth her while to be-friend to the crazy blondie from Beulah and better yet to think of me as someone to keep around after all these years. I think of her and her husband Casey as family....and to add a sprinkles to the sundae their families are just as great as the two of them and always welcome me with a hug and a smile.

So on the evening of February 18th a cherry was added to the sundae with the birth of Sloane. Its an amazing feeling watching one of your best friends pregant and turning into a mommy and daddy. Seeing the pride. joy. happiness. love beam from their attitude. their eyes. their soul. I loved that wholesome feeling they let off while little Sloane was growing in the tummy. I have yet to meet her and see Bridgette and Casey in their new and most important roles but know they are beaming even more. There is no doubt in my mind that Sloane was born into an amazing family and has quite possibly the best mommy and daddy one could ever find. I look forward to watching Bridgette and Casey grow into parents - roles they were both meant to fulfill and be. And I am honored to be apart of a certain little miracle that goes by the name of Sloane's life. I look forward to being in awe of her - just simply being in awe of her presence. looking are her little hands feet ears - listening to her ooh and ahh. Just being left in amazement of how perfect she is. I know for certain our first meeting will be one that I will never forget and treasure forever. And as the days turn into years I hope to still remain a part of Sloane's life someone she can rely on to laugh with her - play with her and simply love her for who she is - just like her mommy has always done with me.  This life it is truly something isn't it and what makes it even better is the people that we are blessed to share it with so I say thank you to the Niezwaag's and the Martini's for being a part of this journey that I am on and in return I hope you know the honor I think it is to be a part of yours. And to Little Miss Sloane...my love to you - seeing your photos brightens my days and leaves me with a great big smile...may you always know just how special you are to so many and may you never forget the lives you have changed all for the better and greater good by just being here and simply being YOU.

No comments: