Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Joker

I spent the evening with my brother, Jacorian...who I simply call brother...or when my mom isn't in hearing distance...jackass...not because he is one....I say that name in the most loving way possible....Our mission was to find him a halloween costume...our time frame...under an hour....our over come....Jack the Joker...which I am happy to state won best costume at the party. Not bad for being thrown together at the last minute...and better yet...75 percent of the outfit was found at Savers. I had a blast with him, laughing with him...making such a simple memory that I will never forget...that I will always carry with me...because its such a Michelle and Jacorian memory.

Over the years I loved to hate this kid, growing up my brother was my best friend...yet there was NO WAY i would have admit it...And to this day there is no one I would rather travel with, drive with or spend the evening searching for halloween costumes with then him. He's something else all in himself. So much potential boils in his soul just waiting to boil out of his pours...yet he never lets it...I am confident it will happen one day!

I was so grateful for this evening...for this memory...Being the middle sister to two brothers has its ups and downs...you long for that connection that two brothers have or two sisters have (thankfully I have Jami so I in some way know). But I am often jealous of the relationship my brothers have with each other...their random jokes and inside stories. The fact that the two of them can not only talk but actually have a conversation over the phone together is something else....They both love me, and I know I have a special connection with the both of them together and apart....but...well let's just say I can't get either of them to talk to me on the phone like Paul can Jacorian or Jacorian can Paul...HOWEVER...somedays...especially on Cowboy, Laker, Mets game days...I am soo glad I don't!!

Tonight it was just Jacorian and Me...and it was everything being brother and sister was and is being all about. I miss those moments...I miss making those memories...So I will take them whenever I get them. The outcome...we ended up creating one badass JOKER....but it didn't come close to what the time together gave us or the memories we created. I am not so big on halloween or costumes but I am big on spending time with my kid brother.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jacorian looks great!