Sunday, October 19, 2008

Never forget and never will

They say you never forget when life changing events happen. My grandparents will never forget where they were when Pearl Habour was bombed or life in general in the years of the great depression. My parents will never forget where they were when JFK MLK and RFK were shot and killed. Like I won't forget when the attacks on Sept 11th happened. Those are all nation wide and world wide events when an event seems to stop time and you never forget because the world is never the same.

A year ago I still remember just where I stood it was a perfect october day and it happened to be the bison gopher game. And the bison had just beat the gophers.it was also my friend Mik's birthday and I can remember just who I was with. The bison beating the gophers wasn't life changing for me. In fact the news I received that fall afternoon really was only life changing to the Goldmann family and close friends of my grandmother's. Yet even hearing the loss of granny at the age of 88 seemed to have changed everything.

It was the first time when I truly realized that it doesn't matter how old they are or how many years you had with them...its never enough! So much can change in a year yet it doesn't seem its possible that its been a year. Because I still think of Granny each day and - have found I miss her more today than I did yesterday...and prolli always will until my time to see her comes.

I hope that you are healthy happy and loved wherever you are! Know that you are missed everyday by gramps, your family and you friends. And loved even more!