Tuesday, October 21, 2008

my ROCKSTARS

Tonite was my cousin Sabrina's musical...so I sat in the sea of faces mostly belonging to parents and siblings gathered to support their children-brother or sister. And I found myself overcomed with pride as I watch my 5th grade cousin dressed up as a rat singing.

Over the years the relationship I have formed with Sabrina has been very unquie and special to me. Her younger sister Sadey is a lover. The love pours thru her pores. She isn't afraid to tell you she loves you and is the first to throw her arms around you for a hug. Its in her nature its her gift its just who she is. The look she gives you is purely the look of unconditional love--one I am not sure how I ever got.

With Sabrina in so many ways I see her as a mini-me. She tends to act a lot like I did at her age and to be honest in many ways like I am today. But after living with her for quite some time we have built a relationship that is more like sisters than cousins. I never realized just how much of an affect I had on her life until one night out of the blue she told me she loved having me live with them. Usually when I left for the weekend or they did Sadey would always and still does jump into my arms. Sabrina well like me at that age not so much its more of a nod. And with me I didn't ever want her to feel uncomfortable and I figured when she felt comfortable she would hug me...and that's just what happened. Those hugs mean a lot to me because I know just what they mean...I know what its like to not be able to speak the words sometimes. And it wasn't long after the hugs I got nitely from her the words started to follow after.

She's a pretty neat kid. A very smart organized responsible girl who loves history, reading, arts-crafts,photography and women's rights.she's a sponge when it comes to learning about editing photos and loves to take pictures..- think we might have a problem on our hands...

Sadey..she is hands on..an artist to the point her fingers are always stained with marker dye. Loves music and fashion. She's my punk rockstar. In fact she plays the PG verison almost way too well.
Both Sabrian and Sadey have become a huge part of my life and meaning. And I am blessed to call them both family. Spending random afternoons with them, evenings and weekends which are always filled with simple happiness. They make me smile and laugh. And when I find myself not living in their basement I miss them like crazy and often wonder what they are up to.

A relationship that I am beginning to think at times I am getting more out of than they are..I often feel I learn more from those two girls than they will ever learn from me. To watch them grow and be apart of their childhood in such a close special way is something I will always be honored to be apart of. I look forward to watching them grow into teenagers and adults. For I know much greatness lies in their souls. The kind of greatness that can make a difference and spark a change.
til that time comes I will cont to love them laugh with them smile with them watch the disney channel 24-7 and sing one step at a time as loudly as I can with them...they even get me to dance---sober. Sabrina and Sadey Koch have some how manage to both break down the wall of china--both in their own unquie special ways--and latch onto my heart.what can I say...they are rockstars!

No comments: