Sunday, June 21, 2009

Firefly Lane

I was never much of a reader. But lately I have found that if I find just the right book... I can't seem to put it down. My latest finish is a book by Kristin Hannah Firefly Lane. Not only I am I not much of a reader. I am also not much of a crier, it takes a lot for me to shed more than a tear or have watery eyes. When I finished this book, well actually even before that, I found myself in numerous parts of the book completely losing it. Like sob crying here, I am talking about. The author has a gift of words and sharing a story so deep and touching that you find yourself relating your friendship in your very own life too.

Thou the journey Tully and Kate embark on is completely different from the one I share with my person, the theme remains the same... friendship-sisterhood and love. Most who know me, know who my person is, a punk that goes by the name of Jami. Our story began before I even knew where it truly started. Our lives are melted into one to the point when I look back, I just see her. She knows my full past. In all the times that seem to be never ending still... where I was finding myself - growing into myself and becoming myself -- into this never fully reaching person that I am meant to be ... she has seemed to know this person and see this person fully and completely all along. With her there is no fooling. For she knows my laughs- my smiles- even my looks. She can read me like a book even when I think I am pulling a fast one on her, she knows. She is one of the rare beings that I can sit in complete silence and our hearts just know what our voices can't speak. We have gone great distances from each other and have spent much time apart, yet that doesn't seem to matter at all.

For I found that it doens't matter if she is standing next to me or half way across the nation or even the world. She seems to be always right by my side. She knows the real me, the one thats left when she is striped of her bubblyness, giggles, laughter, rowdiness, OC, traits. When I am left to bare my naked soul. When I have no smile across my face from time to time. When I have no guards or walls. When I am just me and real. She doesn't turn her back and better yet she encourages me to be imperfect. She encourages me to be just ME. When I find myself at my life ropes' end, she's the one that I hang onto. She's the one holding onto me. She's the one that supports and believes. For even the most positive, up beat person wants to give in from time to time. No one truly understands our story, our relationship. No one seems to get it, but her and me. And that's okay, no one else needs to. Because all I fully ever need to know is that she's always there for me... forever! And all she needs to know is that I am there for her forever! The rest... well it just somehow makes sense. For without her I don't know who I am, better yet with her, I KNOW just who I am! I am so very blessed to call such an amazing being my friend. I am so very grateful to call this woman my sister. For in the end, she makes me make sense. And that kind of friendship. That kind of sisterhood. That kind of love... well its worth everything.

No comments: