Friday, October 2, 2009

His light still shines

"There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they have gone the light remains."

Today he would have turned 53. I wonder what he would look like. Would he have a head full of gray? I wonder if he still would be coaching and teaching. Would he still be at BHS? Who would he be today?

He has been gone for 10 years, 6 months, 2 weeks and 5 days. Yet at times it seems like just yesterday. There have been so many days I wish I could hear his stories full of guidence wisdom knowledge and advice. So many days I wish I could hear his laugh and feel just at ease in his presence. So many days I wish I could share with him my fears and hopes. Many more days where I wish he could have spent with his wife and daughter. Many more days where I wish he could have created memories with his brothers. Many more days where he could have educated touched and changed another student (s) life. So many days I wish he would have had...3,852 days...oh the things he could have done with those days if given the chance to have them. Yet its a powerful reminder that I have those days and counting to live my life to the very fullest because I simply have the chance to!

Even thou he is gone he still seems to be changing the many lives he left behind. His legacy still shines ever so bright in the lives he touched changed and loved. He was such a simple man who changed so many by just being himself and believing in those around him. He carried hope and faith and knew the rest the big guy would provide. He walked with grace and confidence. And thou at times his legacy might shadow over the life he led here on earth I know still it is a shadow he would always be able to fill. He was not made bigger in death...it is not his legacy that changed so many lives but the life he lived that made the lasting impact. He made so many footprints in the hearts of many but unlike footprints in the sand that can be washed away by the seas of time... His footprints will forever be imprinted in the lives he touched changed and loved.

Happy Birthday Mr. Swegarden. I am positive you are still making a difference. Still smiling. Still laughing and still walking with hope.faith.confidence and grace...I look forward to the day when you meet me at the gates of paradise. You are a man truly missed.

No comments: