Tuesday, October 20, 2009

i MiSS you, GRANNY

This day comes once a year. And its a day I hate yet celebrate. For she is no longer ill or in pain. Yet she is also no longer here. She was more than just my grandmother.

She was a call on a random Tuesday to talk about nothing special at all. She was a letter once a week during my entire time downunder just to let me know I was loved and missed. She was a hug and a kiss filled with pride and love. She was an example of true strength- faith and love. She was one of my dearest of friends...

You see my grandmother wasn't just a card on my birthday or a visit at the holidays. She was a face I saw every weekend and vacations growing up. She was a voice I heard cheering me and my brothers on in the stands. She was someone who always knew when to write and call. She was kindness. A woman with a gentle and understanding soul. She is someone I long just to hear her voice. She is someone I still search my mailbox for her letters. She is someone I still hope to see when I come to my grandparents house. She is someone I wish I could see standing at the back steps with a big smile waving me hello and goodbye. She is someone I imagine I would be embraced in her loving hugs. She is someone I miss on her birthday, the day she said I do, on christmas-thanskgiving-easter, on a tuesday or a sunday...

I miss her for all reasons and yet sometimes for no reasons at all.... And I know no matter how many years go by... I will only find myself missing her more and more... I miss you, Granny and love you even more!

No comments: