Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Those people....

We all have those certain few in our lives that stand by us. That never judge us. That accept us for our faults and prized traits. That believe in us when we fail and love us even when we hurt them from time to time. Those select few that know our true smiles and can tell something is wrong by just the tone of your voice. Those who know us in ways that we don't at times even know ourself. They are the ones that define what true friendship is and what sisterhood means.

Yet sometimes these special people take things onto their plates that they don't deserve. We take things out on them because of the very fact we know they will still be there. Which well isn't ever right but it seems to be a part of life. I know I have done it more times than I would like to admit.

I have spent too much of my time caring about people that didn't show me the same. I have spent too much of my time trying to be a friend to some that have never been in return. I have spent too much of my time on the wrong people...its funny when you truly see the light and get it. Its soo simple yet at times so hard to do. I realize I can't change the world nor heal the world in all the lives I would like heck not even all the lives that I want. But try telling that to my stubborn pigheaded self because I still find myself at times trying to go thru a brick wall than be told she wasn't capable of breaking thru. Its alright being that person but not at the expense of the ones that truly matter.

Today I realize that when my time comes I will look back and wish I would have spent less time and energy on the people that really don't matter -the ones I should walk away from- the ones that aren't part of those people that I am blessed to have in my life. I don't want to wish on a someday that I spent more time with them. I don't want to wish I would have shown them how much they mean to me, how blessed I am to have them in my life. I don't want to find myself thinking gosh Michelle, you should have spent more of your time with the ones that bring meaning to your world not those that take it away. Spend more of my time with those that encourage me, believe in me, show me kindness, who love me and befriend me and less with those that either never do anymore or never had.

I am blessed with all sorts of people in my life. Each make up a part of me...but the ones that I am grateful for are those who know my smiles. For those who encourage me and believe in me, thru failure and success. For those who stand by me always, for those who love me just as I am. For those who listen and never judge. For those who help me grow, into the person I am meant to be by just being there and that's all they want...for me to just be there a part of their lives...and the only thing I ask in return of them....those my friend...are the ones that are worth keeping always in your life. Those are the ones that give meaning to this journey we call life....

No comments: