Thursday, October 8, 2009

Take a moment

Today I spent the day with a golden sun and an autumn breeze. With trees decorated with yellow orange and reds. It was a simple fall day...the best kind of day. A day filled with normals and routine. No where special to be yet it was right where I was meant to be at that moment.

I took a moment and looked around... I took a moment and took a deep breath and let the crisp fresh air fill my lungs.... I took a moment and let my eyes take in the colors... I took a moment and let the golden autumn sun warm my chilled skin... I took a moment and just lived in that very moment... I found I took more than a couple of those kinds of moments today... And found that each one was soo different yet carrying the same amount of meaning that made slowing down and living in the moment well worth it.

When was the last time you took a moment? When was the last time you slowed down? When was the last time you just stopped and took a breath? When was the last time you lived in the moment?

It was an everday normal average day... With no special place to go or be... Yet it was a day I know I will always remember. Because it was a day that allowed me to just be... To just breathe... To just smile... To just laugh... To just be in the moment... To just live... After all isn't that was life is all about? Isn't that what gives meaning to a life... How you spend your everyday normal average days? So take a breath. Live in the moment! Enjoy every moment of this life not just the special - important days. They are all worth slowing down for... All of them!

Its never too late to start... Start tomorrow... Start now... Take a moment!

No comments: