Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Still...

We all have those places...those moments in our life that help us get away and forget about everything in this world. Where we can retreat to a perfect, loving, happy and safe world.

Some are there when they walk in their front door. Some when they find themselves cooking or baking. Some when they are surrounded by their love ones. Some when they are working on a beat up '75 Ford or hunting down the big buck. Yet others when they are hiking, running, teaching, reading, scrapbooking, sewing, shopping, decorating, driving or praying. We all have those places and moments that can take us away. Most have to drive somewhere or have to be doing something to take them there like baking a cake.... We find ourselves wanting and needing to do such things when the road gets tough and this life gets too much... All I need to do is.. just be still... I close my eyes...

And I am on my grandfather's lap laughing, I am baking cookies with my grandma, I am riding bike with my chidhood friends, I am sitting in a hot tub under the stars dreamin about the future with my childhood best friend brooke, I am building forts in the snow with my brothers, I am watching and feeding the birds with gramps, I am watching old movies with granny,
I am riding in a beat up blue van with my family going everywhere and no where at all, I am in a dorm room stayin up talking all nite with Paula, I am sitting on a deck with my favorite 6th grader-Jami, I am singing along with Barney with Brittaney, I am watchin the Golden Girls with Janelle, I am on the back of a bus late at night coming home from a game with Shannon, Brittany and Emily. I am driving the one ton in the man camps with Lins and Kelcey. I am on a Girls Scout trip with mom, I am cooking with Uncle Brad, I am watching Hannah Montana with Sabrina and Sadey, I am watching Sarah ski down a double diamond swearing at me for tellin her it was a blue, I am sitting on the Packer bench, I am christmas shopping at 3am at Walmart with Becky, I am walking the streets of Boston with Happy Whale, I am causing trouble in Medora with Dana, I am holding Sharlotte for the first time, I am dancin to footloose with Roberto, Wanna and Brother. I am walking with Sounder, Stormy and Kobe. I am in a hs english class with Mr. Swegarden. I am layin in a bed laughing and eating with Dee Dee, I am sitting at my parents table eating and laughing with my family. I am on a road trip with Brother, I am testing Robert-o patience, I am at Buffalo Wild Wings with the Knitting Cirlce, I am on a beach in Australia with my mates, I am with LG at the summit standing in awww, I am coachin a softball game, I am making Mady Kay laugh, I am having a drink with my crazy fun Aunts -Renee and Shelley, I am taking photos with my first camera in NYC, I am on a tiny boat fishing. In a 70's camper sleeping in mid Novemeber. I am at a Leap 27 concert with Bee, I am playin card games with Hyatt at 4am, eating buttered popcorn for breakfast with Aunt Karla, I am walkin the streets of Duluth with the girls, I am hiking glacier-skiing the fish-walking the coast. I am laughing with yalds and al-pal, I am watching the hangover for the 200th time with Mat, I am camping on a June day with the crazy people I call my family...

I am at all the places with all the people that have brought and have given meaning to my life... so when this world gets crazy and when I get to the point where I have had all that I can stand.... I close my eyes... and just be STiLL...

Its a place where every part of me is known... Its a place that I will always be at home... I am at these places with these people on really no big special days at the time... but now looking back those no big deal of days are the ones that mean the very most to me. These are the moments that bring me peace, and give me a place to retreat that are filled with security-love and happiness.... And these very moments are the moments that assure me that life's plan is worth trusting-that this journey will take me to all the places and people I am meant to be... Thank God... I can go there - that I could then, now and still. Thank God...

1 comment:

Becky said...

WalMart is best at 3 am... :-) Miss you Chellie!