Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gramps is 92

I am a day late, but it was not forgotten. March 2nd was Gramps 92nd Birthday. So I gave him a ring last night to say happy birthday and to make sure he got my card in the mail. He sounded so simply happy. 92 and still loving life. A true example on how to live this life and how to treat others. He is the kind of man I hope I am able to find and live this life with someday. A man that defines honesty, kind, caring, and loving. My Gramps is the kind of guy that always does the right and decent thing even if its taking the long road or the high road when it would be easier to do the other. He goes above and beyond for his family and those he cares about. My Gramps is the guy always with a smile on his face and a hug to give. But what is the best thing about him is this, its the smallest gestures of kindness that mean the world to him, a call to say hello - a quick visit to see how he is or just being able to see your face will light up his entire day. I always feel loved and cared about around him, he always makes me feel like I mean the entire world to him. He has blessed our lives in so many ways with his gentle kind and loving ways. We have learned so much from a man that never spoke about how to live he just lived and let his actions do the talking.

Happy Birthday Gramps, I hope you know how much you are loved and cared about. I hope you know the gift you are to your friends and esp your family. We LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: