Sunday, April 6, 2008

A season gone.

April 6, 2007...The last day of the 2007-2008 Ski Season on Big Mountain at Whitefish Mountain Resort. WoW what a season. What an experience. What an adventure. What a life these last 6 months have been. My life has been given so much, seen so much, met so many. Living on a mountain has slowed down my days and have opened eyes and heart to life. I have always been one who loved to be outside but even more so now. There is something completely life changing to take in the views that I see everyday. The lifestyle feels like in a way that everyday is saturday and I have found my favorite thing to do here is to just stop...to slow down...to take my surroundings all in...to be at peace with myself and with nature. to listen. to see. to just breath. to feel it all to the very depths of my soul. Because when I do this I have found in the end I can do more, give more, be more me and be a better person. I am at ease, I am at peace and I can't help but wanna give that feeling to everyone I see or talk to. It has been a crazy journey here in Whitefish and I look forward to the adventures and experiences I will take in when I return towards the end of the summer. Life is truly just about taking it all in and letting those moments be apart of you forever. Whether they be moments of sorrow, happiness, fear, success or failure. To see the beauty of it, to live through it, to let it change you, to let those things help you find a part of yourself you never knew. And the thing is you don't need to be in Whitefish, Fargo, L.A., The Twin Cities, Australia, China, Russia...it doesn't matter where you are...all that matters is the eyes you view life thru and the attitude you face life with. Life is 10 percent what it deals me and 90 percent on how I react to what I have been dealt. For it is our own being that creates and makes our own happiness or unhappiness.

No comments: