Saturday, August 15, 2009

A prayer for the bride and groom

As I sit in a pew at the wedding of Carla Pederson and Brandon Saeger... I watch two lives come together and two paths become one journey. A radiant bride who in a word is perect. Is beautiful. A kind and excited groom. They are committing their lives to each other. Today ends the solo dreams of their lives and starts the dreams of the things to come as husband and wife.

I have been to so many wedding I have also lost count which number this is... But yet it doesn't matter how many I have been too... Watching the bride and groom and seeing that love pour thru every part of them. Seeing the huge smiles and eyes reflecting the image of the person they have chosen to spend their days with never seems to get old to me. Today is their perfect day filled with a future of complete love and happiness. Today is their day filled with hope of a gentle and happy days to come. Days that don't know of struggle. Of pain. Of tears. Of hate. Of sorrow. Only days that are filled of smiles. Of laughter. Of life. Of love. Of happiness. Of hope.

I don't know what the days to come are filled with for this young couple but I pray and hope like I do at all weddings for all bride and groom's that they are blessed with double the happiness and love and half of sorrow and struggles. I hope life's gentle with them... Thou its not always the case... Than I pray that it grants them the strength to keep goin thru the darkness til they reach the light. For even when life brings its darkest storms it also reveals in us the strength that lies within us to battle those stroms. I hope that not just all couples know this but also all people... Dating married or single know this as well.

All the strength you ever need lies within YOU.

No comments: