Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MINNESOTA!

Well done. Well done. Minnesota. History was made and it was the right kind of history. Hopefully many states will follow the 12th state that legalized same-sex marriage until all 50 are giving all Americans equal rights. Upon hearing that news I was in touch with friends that didn't have the same rights based on who they loved. And I thought it was quite powerful when I heard its not about a wedding - just becasue this happened doesn't mean I am going to rush out and have a huge wedding - what matters is today that I an given the right to when and if that time comes. Today I have the same rights as my neighbor. Today I am an equal. TODAY I AM AN EQUAL. wow how powerful to hear such words and how amazing that must have felt for those who were denied such a common right that so many of us take for granted.

It was finally seen the way that it should have been seen all along... who someone loves plays no role in someone eles's life other than that person and the person he/she loves. Its no busy of mine other than to support and most of all doesn't give me or you any right to judge or to say no you can not marry the one you love becasue so and so has a problem with it. My advice to all of you who have issue with such its time to grow up and see the whole picture - stop judging. Start realizing life is different for all and we all have the right to live the life we choose and most of all be given the same rights across the board no matter who you are or who you love. TODAY I AM AN EQUAL...a statement ALL Americans should have. know. and feel. They don't call this the land of the free and the home of the brave for nothing. Its time to fight for these rights and change.  Trust me when I say that Billy and Tommy & Annie and Katie they are just like Tom and Katie & Bill & Ann...They are all just simply living the best life they know how. All just wanting happiness and love. All just working to make a life for and with the ones they love. They are more alike then they differ. When I look at my friends I see no difference - they are just my friends. Good people. Fun people. Supportive people. People that make this world a better place and make you better by just being around good people. Its amazing what you will find once you stop judging and start embracing. Today Minnesota stopped judging and they are now embracing. And I am filled with happiness for countless friends that are now happy to simply be who they are and say I am an equal. Way to go Minnesota!!

No comments: