Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Nothing is a GIVEN. It is EARNED.

I find it well amazing just how easy sometimes people give up or quit something - so many people these days think life should be well handed to you. They want the reward without the work. I am just as guilt of this as well - I think now days we are all guitly of it from time to time. So many of us think that we are entitled to have such things and/or we had the final product without investing the time.

To me there is something about the process that gets you from A to B that gets me intrigued. I feel like I value things more knowing my time and sweat went into it. Whether its a project or editing pictures I know going into the time I will have to invest but the feeling I recieve once completed is one heck of a high.

There are certain things in this life that I yet to truly give myself too - things like owning and maintaining a house - taking on home projects and re-doing a fix-r-up-r (something that I am hoping will be in the works soon and my next time invester).To me I don't want a brand new house - I want a house filled with character and has a soul that I can get to know and bring to life again, I realize it will take heaps of commitment - will present one heck of a challenge - provide a vast learning curve  that will mainly be based on trial and error as well require that green stuff that doesn't grow on trees but to me thats all worth it. For in the end - even if its 10 years from now - it will a house that has my sweat and time in its walls, boards, floors, ceiling. I now it will provide me with a feeling of happiness and fill me with satisfaction. Because anything you spend that much time and labor into its reward is well worth it! The easy route is to find a house that has all that done for me right off the bat but it would be lacking that reward feeling. Because to be honest that reward feeling must be EARNED.

I look at relationships and I am left puzzled how so many want this picture perfect relationship that should just form and be maintained on its own. I also have to smile and shake my head at that - because i don't care who you are or who you are with or what relationship you have got in your head that you think is easy picture perfect. Because there is NO SUCH THING. Relationships require time and work - you have your good days and your bad days and it invloves both parties to be commited. Humans are ever changing which means things esp relationships need to change as well - but isn't love worth that change together? Where do we find that balance and strength to say ya its hard but the love we share together is worth it - to me going thru such hard times only gives more meaning to the good times that lie ahead. Today its standard thinking things are getting rocky - things aren't really going the way I planned - this is too hard and the result is they check out - they give in - they quit. Sometimes I don't know what to think. Becasue I am not other people maybe that is what is right for them maybe they did have enough maybe they deserve more...but I also know some people cave in too easily. They think they can't handle it - thye don't have the strength to endure ...they couldn't be more wrong. Humans are made to endure a heck alot more than a few rough patches. So many of us need to simple stay focused and commited. If you want something you have to be willing to fight for it - have to be willing to battle the rough patched together - have to be willing to hang on when its easier to let go - have to keep going when its more simple to just walk away. Because in the end I feel that reward you have as a couple will over power the struggles and hard times. You will find strength and shetler in that relationship as well as trust things that will fuel all other parts of your life if you let it. Its easy to want what other people have as the saying goes the grass is always greenier. What may appear picture perfect don't be fooled that it was given or just as easy as snapping ones fingers. It took being committed by both parties to invest and to count on the other to be there no matter if they are basking in the sun or being slammed upon the rocks. Life is a two sided coin which is where we are able to find the true meaning of sorrow and of happiness by experiencing both - I feel relationships are just the same.What gives a relationship meaning and depth is not just having it easy but going thru the ups and downs together. I feel its in those moments that having this one person by your side that you can count on no matter what life throws at you is prolly the best blessing one has ever be given. And that should be treasured and held close - it should be something you are willing to battle for and fight for and never let go. Because love the true kind that comes from your soul just doesn't happen with everyone or for everyone for that matter. So when you find it - when you have it don't just throw it away don't just give up when you find yourself in hard times...turn to that person that you found such a love in and work with them to get thru.

Nothing in life is handed to you. Nothing is always easy. And how boring if it were.

No comments: