Wednesday, May 22, 2013

TODAY this MOMENT

A tornado strikes in Moore, OK - families lose loved ones as well as everything they own - they are left with nothing but the blessing of their lives and the lives of their loved ones. It is in these moments of raw pure life changing moments we are reminded of what life all comes down to. What matters in this life. What we need vs what we want. What defines this life. We can be stripped of everything - our clothes - our cars - our homes - our personal belongings - the things we so think define our life... a fire. a hurricane. a tornado can take it all in the blink of an eye. Then that moment passes and we look around and see that you are still there and so are your loved ones and it becomes crystal clear that that is all that matters you are still here and so are the lives that you love. Everything else can be rebuilt or replaced but the lives of those we love can not. I struggle sometimes because as much as I think that I am not like that - that i need need need I know that I am - we all are some more than others. Why does it take losing everything to figure out what truly matters? Why does it have to be taken to the extreme of loss to open our eyes. And why is it so easy to forget these things after time?

I don't want my life to be defined by the things I own. I want it to be defined by the person that I am - the love support kindness I give. I want it to be defined by the people I love and care about. It would be I am sure harder than I could ever imagine to loss everything and have to start all over again. My heart goes out for those that have to do just that, and its ever harder to think of those who have to do this more than once. I pray for their strength to keep going. And I find myself inspired by these people. I don't want to wait til I loss everything to see what truly matters in this life. I want my eyes to be open to the truth of this life NOW and each and every day that follows. I am on a quest to live this life like i have lost everything so all know what truly matters to me but more importantly that I KNOW what truly matters and change my life my being to reflect just that. TODAY this MOMENT may be one day all it comes down to. How is your life defined. What is your life's meaning. worth. What defines life. How does your being define your life. Will it take losing everything in order to see what truly matters... Let's not WAIT.

No comments: