Thursday, May 2, 2013

My home...

…is my dream…a small restored craftsman style or bungalow house. Simple – straight lines with character just big enuff for what I need. I will own and live in such a house one day granted I realize I will prolli have to move out of ND to find her and she will be just big enough for well me – with enough projects to keep me busy at home on the evenings and weekends – I will do as much work myself regardless of how many youtube vidoes and questions I have to ask Stan in the home improvement selection or how many do overs i will need to get it right sooner or later for example a nice wooden pale gray fence will be up (my first success) so the dogs can run freely in the yard…yes I said dogs because I am sure I will have at least two someday. I will then move on to conquor striping paint and restoring wooden floor boards and continue making my way checking projects with a bold mark done on the list until I reach the very last one... It will be located on a quiet street with nice big trees that I will have a love hate relationship come the fall season. It will be in a neighborhood where I know all the families on the street and have happy hour rotating from deck to deck in the summers.

I will sit on the porch reading the paper in the morning and when the cold season hits move to the sunroom off back. At nite I will be found putz in the yard throwing a ball fixing this and mowing that with a reward of a meal on the grill. My Saturdays will be spend roaming the aisles of Lowes Home Depot and Menards for the items to complete the endless must do’s list. And then there will come a day when all is complete and the only thing I will long for is to be at home.  My social life and my love life will be engulf on this home. It may appear that i have fallen from the face of the earth... It will be me and her in my solitude she will be stained in my sweat molded by my touch and craved in my love. I dream of the peace I will find under her roof the laughter that will be enclosed in her walls and the happiness that lies above her floors. I will have an old leather chair that has a view of the yard and I can picture myself sitting there every Sunday listening to music by hopefully that time the restored recorded player just enjoying being with her as the dogs lay at my feet. On rainy days I will dance to the rhythm while the raindrops hit her roof – on sunny days I will nap in the hammock shaded by the trees that at that moment I will love but whisper come fall it’s a different story – I will pray for a blizzard come winter but will settle for nestling by the fire and watching out the big windows the freshly soft fallen snow endlessly coming down.  She will be filled with details that range from the wooden trim to the doors to the knobs to the lights to the stone path to the garage doors to the mailbox to the deck stain.

I will prolli end up paying someone to keep the plants and flowers alive and will each spring think I can tackle having a garden and will have endless advice & tips from the elder couple a few doors down but in the end will have no true success and shrug my shoulders and say maybe better luck next year. I can picture my life with her so clearly - it may be a home that just I call home or maybe a family in tow. Either way it will be my escape and my shelter filled with belongings that each has a story or a meaning. When the work day ends I will be beyond happy to find myself turning back onto a familiar road that will lead me home to her and I will pause and just take her in the beauty that she is I may be bias but quite certain she’s the pretties on the whole block.  I dream of the day I find her and start the massive to do list to make her mine.  To me she won't just be some house...she will be my home.

No comments: