Friday, May 3, 2013

Trusting in Life

You ever find yourself looking at your life from the outside and thinking wait wait wait...how did i get to this exact spot?? This is not how I pictured it turning out...yet you stop and think even harder and realize just how it happened your footprints led you right to this moment you can re-trace them step for step...decision for decision choice for choice. You realize in that moment what you thought was the right path to take words to speak choice to make now ends up being a fight with yourself of "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??". Regrets we all live with them - I will admit I do carry few but the ones that I carry are well huge. Huge in a way that even moving forward I am unsure I will ever be able to make them right or at least patch them up so they can heal. I know myself all too well when I mess up its a big mess when I make mistakes they are well the big ugly ones. Yet you can see just how you came to the moment of truth and picked wrong. I have hope that my future will right these wrongs but I am not certain they will. I can only hope that I will learn and grow from them. Become more and a better person from them. Does it scare me that thru those mistakes and regrets I might have missed out on some major life realities. life events. life moments. life thougths.emotions.feelings. In a word YES. But so want to believe and stay committed to the saying life finds a way if its meant to be. The hard part is letting it go for now. That's the hard part the letting go part. Worried that it won't work out the way you so badly want it too...Trusting in life's plan when well at least at the moment you think you know what is best for you.

Most times I have no worry at all with letting go and trustng life its those huge things that really matter to me that i feel my life is less without those are the ones that get me.That eat at me and I can't seem to trust life with... Sometimes I think life would be better with a manual. But then again how boring would it be. I hate that feeling of wasting time when its so clear you know what you want...let here you are not taking action to make it a reality - you are waiting for life to present it...sometimes i think that i wait and wait then kind of forget its my name being called over the loud speakers when what i have been waiting for finally arrives.That's pretty tyical of me zoning out and missing it. The other very typical thing is me making all the wrong moves and saying all the wrong things. Its pretty classic of me to finally be given the green light only to find out I forgot to put gas in the car. Which usually domino effects into everything else that could go possibly wrong...its pretty humorous how it all usually plays out for me. Even I have to find the humor in the fact that I am not graceful at life's big moments at times. I get nervous. I get scared. I forget my lines. I forget my thought process. I go from relying on my strengths at all times to suddenly putting all my weight on my weaknesses. Maybe someday I will get it right. Maybe someday I will get better at this whoel trusting in life. As much as I hate not being in control i realize its good for me... I hate it and I hate that I know its good for me...but I also know I need more of it. There was a time when I lived life outside of my comfort zone and I have never felt so well comfortable. Now I believe I have spent too much time in my comfort zone and its gives me the chills when I think of stepping outside it... Yet I know it must must must be done. Its a scary  feeling taking a step in the dark not sure of your footing esp when you stumble - trip when its light out. Well here's to living outside your comfort zone and to trusting in life's plan for you....

No comments: