Friday, March 28, 2008

Why not Great Falls?

I am a person that tends to fly by the sit of their pants, on thursday nite i found out that my friend Lindsey, was off for spring break for the week. She lives in Great Falls, MT about 3.5 to 4 hours away from Whitefish. So after talking to her i decided to jump in my car and head to her hometown and spend my mid-week weekend with her. Not very often do I hang out with people that don't get annoyed with my endless picture taking and spending countless hours walking and wandering off to take photos as well. I have very few friends that are willing to put up with this behavior and not rush me. And even fewer who are willing to get lost behind the lens with me. Lindsey is one of these friends. She encourages, supports and understands my passion for photography. We were able to find some photographs that really fit her and its means the world to me that someone can be so moved by something I captured. That a picture can be more than just a picture and stand for something more than just something printed on paper. I feel blessed, honored and grateful beyond words that I was given this given for capturing life. For if i know anything is that all I do is capture that moment, It is already created by those who are in it or just a part of it. They are the ones living it, breathing it and feeling it. I am just the person that is able to capture it. If i could spend the rest of my life doing one thing and one thing only it would be that...capturing people's moments, capturing life's moments.

No comments: