Saturday, March 29, 2008

My everyday surroundings.

I woke up this morning to a fresh 8 inches of snow and its still coming down. I can't complain because well thats life living on a mountain. Sometimes I get so busy living life that I don't enjoy it. That I don't take the time to slow down and realize my surroundings. To be grateful for them, to take in the beauty that lies in my everday world. I love living on a mountain. Ya it gets to be a bit much from time to time esp when you want spring and summer and instead you wake up in what looks like mid winter. But I also realize the blessing this is. That I am able to take in this timeless and priceless view from the mountain top and see everything covered in white. It truly does bring a sweeping wave of joy and peace to my soul. People from all over the world come here for their vacations. They spend a weekend or a week with us and they love it here, they go on and on about the snow, the mountain and the views....And sometimes I do find myself taking that for granted. Because I see that everyday, every moment when I look out my door. I am thankful for those moments when I am opened up to my everyday surroundings again. Where I can take in a view with my own eyes that I can NEVER get sick of...it NEVER gets old. For each time I am on the summit...I feel the views just get better and more breathe taking. You don't need to be living on top of a mountain or right on the beach to be amazed by your surroundings...its all in the way you view where you are at makes the difference. Each place holds in it amazing beauty to be seen and taken in. Open your eyes to your surroundings today...if you let it, it will change your life and the way you look at everything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with what you have said here. Everyday I take in my surroundings and am grateful that I can. . . Keep loving it!