Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A surprise trip home.

I made a quick and surprising trip back to my stompin' grounds in N.D. I decided to head back and watch my cousin Brittaney play basketball in the state A for Mandan...6 time repeat as Champs by the way(i am proud of you cousin!)...Anyways no one knew i was coming back for the weekend but Paul and Shonna. It was nice to surprise my family since i haven't seen them in ages. While i was back i was able to see all my packer punks as well....which i have found i miss heaps. Such amazing girls. I was also able to see many friendly faces from west fargo that i have't seen in ages as well. I got an extra added bonus when i found out my dear friend Bridgette was in town to see another good friend of mine, Sarah. My time with the two of them was short but i loved every minute of it!! i realized visiting with them just how much i miss their friendship and company. I have found that i love Whitefish and my surroundings but sometimes its who is around you that makes all the difference. I took heaps of pictures on my camera only to return home and find that i lost them all some how. i am super bummed about this but life does goes on.

On a cute and sweet and funny note my grandfather, who is having trouble remembering things...prolli said one of the funniest things that just makes you want to hug him. I was suppose to give him a ride to the game on thursday, i went to the house only to find him not there. i realized that some of his clocks were set ahead. So i went to the game and found him there. After he greeted me with tears in his eyes with a big hug and smile and his words of you are a sight for sore eyes...i asked why he didn't wait for his ride...he said he looked at the clock and thought he missed it when he was out for lunch. I asked him then if he remember where he parked. He looked at me and simply said...NOPE with a big grin on his face. Made me chuckle when he said i will just wait for everyone to leave and it will be the only car in the parking lot. 89 years old still living the dream and doesn't let a little things bring him down. After a few seconds i asked him why some of his clocks were ahead...he said he knew day light savings was coming so he just advanced them right then so he wouldn't forget when the time actually came. LOVE IT.

One more story, my grandmother, from the other side is also 89. She fell and broke her hip around christmas time and since then has needed a walker. i was standing with her and my mother when my mother told me she needed to do something and asked me to watch my grandmother so she didn't get away. i looked at my grandmother who is also almost all the way blind and looked back at my mother and said...She uses a walker and is 80 % blind where is she goin to go so fast that i can't see or find her. Right when i turned around my grandmother was half way out the gym door. She flies on that walker let me tell you. A stubborn lady but has such grace and faith as she walks. I am blessed to have such people in my life that prove to me everyday life hands you challenges but thats no reason not to love this life.

No comments: