Friday, March 21, 2008

MY MATES.

These are just a few pictures of the many Australian friends I met during my time downunder. Its these people, my mates as i like to call them. Are the ones that woke me up and realize just who i am. Before my time in AUS i was on a journey of trying to find that person. I wasn't someone i was proud of being. For i felt i let so many people down. Maybe it was i was tryin to be too much to too many people. Which is a recipe for trouble since its not possible to do so. Instead you end up letting everyone down including yourself. In a way i was too nice because i just couldn't say no. When i reached there aussie mates for the first time in my life i was just relaxed, i felt safe to just speak my mind and to just let go and have fun. It took me goin around the world to find the person i was alway meant to be. Someone who lives a life that she is proud to call her own. Someone who is confident in her journey, who loves her journey, who trusts her journey. Before these girls I felt that life was in a way a timeline and i felt completely out of place and in a way a failure because compared to most of all my friends where my life is to theirs is way different. They have houses, rings, retirement plans and babies. I am extremely happy for them but at times just can't truly relate much in the same sense they can't relate to the life i live being single either. It doesn't make us bad people or any less of friends--but in many ways i felt like a failure because i didn't have those things in my life. It took me leaving to realize that i don't need those things. That friendship isn't based upon where you are at in the journey. Just as long as you enjoy it and keep moving. Its a simple basic lesson i know. But one that i was blinded in seeing. It was the Sandy Girls that brough meaning to my life and made me realize that I don't have to wait until i have all those things to love my life, to live my life, to enjoy my life. For the first time ever i found personal happiness, that didn't involve my happiness through others. Its was all just wrapped into simple me. I feel now because of that I am able to give more to others, be the friend that i was wanted to be but ended up failing at. And because of these girls...I realized what true friendship is and just who i have that connection with back home. The people that were always true to me, and loved me and didn't give up on me no matter how many times I might have let them down. The ones that i can see and talk to still and it feels like not a moment has gone by. Time changes everthing and sometimes it takes leaving and going without to realize just what is needed in your life to complete it. In the end it comes down to family, friends, love and faith....I can't escape those things or ever try to live without it. So thank you to all my aussie friends that helped me find my way. I miss you all!

No comments: