Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Person.








I met her sometime ago when she was still under the age of five or six. I watched her while her parents would go out at night. I taught her all sorts of things that a sister would and even shouldn't teach...one of the first things I ever taught her was how to fake sleep. I guess I was scared to stay up alone but looking back now the real reason was I just wanted to spend more time with her. I showed her how to wash dishes and floors at once and let her drive all sorts of times. As the years went by we spent our summers together on a diamond and I became a driver, a coach, a friend and a sister to her and many of her friends. She became my punk, my sister, my best friend and my person. As I look back on all the moments we had together the ones that we held onto each for dear life, where we cried, where we got caught at EVERYTHING we did, try to do or even thought of doing. All of the laughter, the smiles and even all the tears we cried and fears & pain we shared. I can't imagine what my life would have been without her in it. I was blessed with two brothers from my mother and father and years later was blessed with a real sister for life. We don't share the same DNA but she has become a part of my family and I a part of hers. We tend to think alike and act alike and I wouldn't trade any moment that I ever spent with her for anything. She is my walking saving grace. She is my faith, my will and the example to live this life to the fullest and to LOVE this LIFE. We all should be so blessed to have a person or persons in our lives that we can share everything life throws at us as well as blesses us with. Someone to double our happiness and divide our sorrow and pain. Whether that person be a biogical sibling, a parent, a cousin, a lover, or a friend. Life is meant to be shared every part of it. And each of these people need, want and deserve to know just what they bring into your life each and every day. Jami is my person the one I talk to each and every day. The one I tell my everything, anything and even nothing to. Life is about the journey but in the end its who you bring with you along the way that gives it all meaning and makes all the difference in the world.

No comments: