Monday, March 31, 2008

Paulie...

I can't talk about one brother without talking about the other. PAUL ROBERT GOLDMANN...who I have always called Paulie or Roberto. Growing up with him was, well lets put it this way all the cute dreamy looking high school boys that a girl would have a crush on...they were all always around the house. The only problem was that the crushes faded fast when I started to look at them and love them all like brothers. To this day many of those guys I still see in the same light, and thats because of Paulie. I was the kid sister to many of those boys and I found that they thought of me and protected in such a way as well.
There isn't a memory that I had as a child where Paul wasn't apart of. He is in almost every picture I have growing up. I remember being hauled to all of his sporting events and being completely amazed by his athletic ablity, his work ethic, his leadership skills and his amazing postive attitude that he always displayed. He was the example that I modeled my choices and character around. He was the perfect son, player and student. He never got in trouble, never misbehaved and never broke any rules...Compared to him when I came along I was a rebel...and well I wasn't even that bad. I remember one of the last football games he played in...and I remember that was the very first time that I let my emotions get the best of me. I was so proud of him and even just more proud to call him my brother. That was the first time I told him that I loved him and that I would miss him so much when he was gone that following year. I never thought I would ever be that proud of him...but in the years that passed after high school and college I find that I admire him even more, that I have more pride of being his sister than I did way back then. Just like Jacorian, Paul is too short on words...but never on actions. I can't think of a time when I needed him that he wasn't there. When I wrecked my car in college in a bad winter storm...he was the one that drove in that storm to make sure I was ok. He has been the one that I call when I am in trouble or when I need help. He has never let me down. Thru the years he has only gotten better...better at being the best big brother anyone could ask for. He belongs on ESPN with all the sports trivia and knowledge he has, pointless things that no one should ever remember...he does. He can rattle off just how many points so and so scored their rookie season or who was in the super bowl in 1963. He has the biggest hands I have ever seen and he could wrap one hand around both of my arms. Thou he might look rough and tough he is the softest guy I know...he has a tender heart and loves his family, his wife and his friends. I know that one day he will be a father and as far as I can tell he will be the best father any child could ever have. Because of his patince, his view on life, how he lives his life and the love that he gives. I know for sure that that child will know nothing but love and endless sports trivia knowledge. I use to joke all the time that he will end up with 3 girls..and to top it all off they were all goin to be just like me. I am still pulling for that....I am sure that he is not. Either way it all doesn't matter because he will love that kid with all of his being. And I will be more amazed, filled with more pride and feel more honored to call him my brother. For if there was ever anyone that inspired me to be a good person, and to treat people how I would want to be treated...I learned that from my big brother. So thank you Paulie for always being nothing but an amazing big brother to me...even when I wasn't the best sister. Even when I annoyed you, bothered you, tested you and drove you nuts. Thank you for always just being you and loving me anyways. Love you Robert...OOO

No comments: